More sensitive antenna = detect 2many remotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More sensitive antenna = detect 2many remotes

When installing something like an RFXCOM, how does one avoid receiving X10 RF from a neighbours remote etc., since the range becomes greatly extended.

Does each remote have a unique ID that gets registered by whatever is receiving the X10 RF.

Originally posted by coghlan View Post
    When installing something like an RFXCOM, how does one avoid receiving X10 RF from a neighbours remote etc., since the range becomes greatly extended.

Does each remote have a unique ID that gets registered by whatever is receiving the X10 RF.
    Is this a problem that you actually have or just something you're anticipating? I just recently installed a better antenna on my MR26A and I certainly could receive my neighbor's X10 signals... if any of them used X10. Luckily none of them do, and I think that's probably the case for most people. Most likely you just won't have a problem.

Otherwise, you'll just need to divide up the housecodes with your neighbors. If you're using other non wireless X10 devices then you should be able to still use the housecodes that are designated to your neighbors for those devices. (just make sure your RFXCOM is set to ignore the housecodes your neighbors use)

Comment

Hi

I am a recient convert to the world of RFXCOM and yes, you will quite probably see some neighbourhood devices.

You can select which ones you want to bring into HS, so thats not a problem as long as you can identify which ones are yours!

Me? I see 3 weather stations nearby, and a set of bathroom scales! Wonder how I can find out who keeps hopping on their scales between 08:30 and 10:00 on a sunday morning!?!??

David
      ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Originally posted by djblack View Post
        Wonder how I can find out who keeps hopping on their scales between 08:30 and 10:00 on a sunday morning!?!??
        If you can't identify them, I'd just have some fun with it. Post a sign on the lawn "180 pounds EH?", etc. each day. Just make sure it isn't your wife first.
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Working...
        X