CM11 USB problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CM11 USB problems

I recently purchased a CM11 USB interface with 2 LM11 Marmitek modules.

To test things out I downloaded the homeseer 2.2 trial. Which I'm planning to buy in the nearby future.

But now I'm having problems with the CM11 interface.

I installed it through the update proces. Everything okay, and I was able to turn the lamps on/off, no biggy there.

But after turning the lamps on/off a couple of times (through the webinterface), the lamps weren't responding anymore. So I looked at the interface status which stated "Communication problem". After disabling and enabling this interface the status changed to "Error initializing"

If I restart Homeseer I will get a red error in my log "Initializing X10 interface CM11A/CM12U: Unable to open COM4". Chaning the COM port in the hardware list has no effect at all.

Only when I restart my computer and open Homeseer again I don't get this error and the CM11 interface works again, but after a while the above problem repeats itself.

I'm using the latest updates for cm11, homeseer and the cm11 update for homeseer.

Anyone? This is quite a teaser, because I was quite happy sofar with HS2 and almost ready to purchase it

Can you clarify if you are using a USB device or a serial device?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The CM11 interface can be a bit flakey from time to time. I went through two of them over the course of about 5 years and finally switched to a TI103. Have been fine since.

In most cases, it's a hardware problem or an operating system problem that causes these kinds of errors.

Comment

I'm using it as a USB device.
        FYI: The interface is "brand new", not over a week old.

Originally posted by macromark View Post
        The CM11 interface can be a bit flakey from time to time. I went through two of them over the course of about 5 years and finally switched to a TI103. Have been fine since.

In most cases, it's a hardware problem or an operating system problem that causes these kinds of errors.
        Any known issues with Windows XP or a way to fix "this"?

Or are you guys suggesting to buy a TI213 (CTX35), which would be a big disappointment, because I was hoping to "test" things out and not spend too much money on hardware (yet)
        Last edited by ; August 20, 2008, 02:24 AM. Reason: Adding quote

Comment

I think once you have a working interface, you won't regret the investment. HS will sell itself.
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

I know investing in a better interface would be worthwhile.
            Only that's not an option right now, I'm just discovering this all. So I thought a CM11 interface would do just fine for now.
            But if after 5 minutes of usage, it just stops communicating with homeseer. And you ask around and people say "Yeah that happens, buy a better interface". It can be quite frustrating.

Comment

Are you sure this is a CM11A? These devices are a serial device. Are you sure you don't have a CM15A?

Comment

They do sell a CM11/CM12 with a USB interface here in Europe but in reality it is just a serial version with a serial to USB converter integrated in the lead. I suspect this converter is the issue - nothing more.
                Jon

Comment

Ah, ok. Thanks for the info Jon.

Comment

Yeah I recon the USB adapter is the problem, when I get back home I'll try to get it to work through the serial port.

Comment

Switched from the USB port to the serial port and everything works like a charm now!

Comment

Originally posted by kolnedra View Post
                        Switched from the USB port to the serial port and everything works like a charm now!
                        Hello, for me Serial was woorking 2 Years without problems.
                        But now I use a EEEPC 900 and not possible to use a serial RS232C

and today, i do not have a solution to this problem.

All comments are welcome.

Regards.
                        Rene (Belgium - 230Volts )

Comment

Originally posted by iamat66 View Post
                          Hello, for me Serial was woorking 2 Years without problems.
                          But now I use a EEEPC 900 and not possible to use a serial RS232C

and today, i do not have a solution to this problem.

All comments are welcome.

Regards.
                          Rene (Belgium - 230Volts )
                          Get a good USB to Serial device such as this one.
                          http://store.homeseer.com/store/HS20...IG-P27C50.aspx

Comment

Working...
                          X