More event help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More event help?

Guys, Thanks for your help with the events. I have one more that is just killing me. I have a door/window sensor and a wgl-800. I want to trigger a TTS if the door is open for 5 minutes but whatever I do the TTS repeats indefinatly. It's maddening and I am starting to upset everyone in the house! How do I trigger just one announcment even though the door remains open? Thanks again

Is this a different problem than the one Mark responded to earlier?
    Use a trigger type of Recurring, set the interval to 5 minutes, then add a condition to test for the front door being open.
    Without the condition, the event would run every 5 minutes, so the condition is your gatekeeper to it triggering or not.
    It may be helpful to post a screen shot of your event setup. That might trigger some more suggestions.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by termite View Post
      Guys, Thanks for your help with the events. I have one more that is just killing me. I have a door/window sensor and a wgl-800. I want to trigger a TTS if the door is open for 5 minutes but whatever I do the TTS repeats indefinatly. It's maddening and I am starting to upset everyone in the house! How do I trigger just one announcment even though the door remains open? Thanks again
      My suspicion is that you need to set the trigger to the 'has been ON (or OFF, depending which is correct for your situation) for exactly 5 minutes. That way the event should only trigger once because exactly only occurs once.
      Dick
      HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Working...
      X