CM15A Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CM15A Plugin

After seeing the announcement that there's now a plugin for the CM15A, I ordered one. It came today, and I installed it and the plugin, but I can't seem to make it do anything. I can't send an X10 command successfully to my "Chime" from within Homeseer. And Homeseer doesn't seem to respond to a press of my X10 fob. However, if I set my keyfob to the Chime's address, it chimes when I press the keyfob, so I guess the CM15A itself must be working.

I tried this both before and after installing the software that came with the CM15A plugin, thinking this might make a difference, but it didn't.

I figure I'm missing something obvious, but I don't know what (obviously)

I have X10 disabled on my Insteon PLM, and enable on the CM15A plugin. When I press "Config" for the Plugin, I get an error message saying "There is no configuration for this plugin."

The log seems to show everything being started OK on startup:

8/20/2008 9:35:06 PM CM15A Initialization Successful.
    8/20/2008 9:35:05 PM Info Initializing Plug-in: X10 CM15A
    8/20/2008 9:35:05 PM Info Initializing X10 Plug-in: X10 CM15A On COM Port 2
    8/20/2008 9:35:05 PM Startup Initializing Plug-Ins
    8/20/2008 9:35:05 PM Info This Z-Wave PC controller is type: ZW_LIB_INSTALLER
    8/20/2008 9:35:05 PM Z-Wave Controller firmware version: 1.12
    8/20/2008 9:35:05 PM Info Z-Wave interface node ID: 1
    8/20/2008 9:35:05 PM Info Z-Wave interface version: 4
    8/20/2008 9:35:05 PM Info Found 1 Z-Wave nodes
    8/20/2008 9:35:05 PM Startup Initializing Z-Wave Interface on COM port: 3 at 115K baud.
    8/20/2008 9:35:05 PM Startup Restoring device status
    8/20/2008 9:35:05 PM Info Found plug-in: Smarthome SwitchLinc, version: 1.0.0.6
    8/20/2008 9:35:05 PM Info Found plug-in: Insteon, version: 1.1.50.38463
    8/20/2008 9:35:05 PM Info Found plug-in: X10 CM15A, version: 1.0.0.0

Try the 1.0.0.1 version, it should be working now.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It's working!

However, I think the reason it didn't work before was that I had it plugged into the pass-through outlet of the EZX10RF. After I plugged it into an outlet by itself, it started working. The EZX10RF must have sucked up all the X10 stuff and not let any get through in either direction. Anyway, now I don't need the EZX10RF anymore (though both devices do work as long as they are plugged into different outlets).

Thank you! This is a terrific add-on for HomeSeer. I'll be testing it over the weekend, and I'll post anything else I run into.

Comment

I'm wondering if it would make sense to try to debounce the x10 signals. I have two RF repeaters, and every time an RF device fires in certain locations, I wind up with 3 or 4 x10 events in HomeSeer. It's handle-able with event conditions, of course, but it might be nice to be able to eliminate all but one event in any 1 second period (for example).

You might be able to track the last code received, and if the current code is the same, and the time between the two codes is less than one second, just drop the current code and don't send it along to HomeSeer.

There may be reasons why this is not desirable, but I can't think of any right off hand.

Anyway, the plug-in works great. It's so easy to add a new x10 RF device code, it's amazing.

Comment

In the properties for your event there is a "do not retrigger..." option, just set that to 2 or 3 seconds and that will do what you want.

Comment

Never noticed that before. That'll do the trick.

Thanks.

Comment

Is there any way to reduce the number of log messages generated by the CM15A plugin? My log is full of hundreds of messages like this from just a few motion sensors.

9/1/2008 10:04:26 AM X10 Received B1 (?) B On

9/1/2008 10:04:26 AM CM15A Received Command. Processing...

9/1/2008 10:04:26 AM X10 Received B1 (?) B On

9/1/2008 10:04:26 AM CM15A Received Command. Processing...

9/1/2008 10:04:23 AM X10 Received B1 (?) B On

9/1/2008 10:04:23 AM CM15A Received Command. Processing...

Comment

Under the properties for the device there is a no logging checkbox. You can check this box for each X10 device that you don't wanting logging.

Comment

I should have mentioned that I don't have devices set up for the X10 motion sensors. I just have the events keyed to the reception of an X10 event, not to the change in status of a device. And I do have the events set to not generate log messages.

Is there any way to stop those "X10 Received B1 (?) B On" log messages?

Also, is it possible to turn off the "CM15A Received Command. Processing... " log messages? If not, that would be a nice feature to add.

Thanks...

David

Comment

Yes, create a device B1 and disable logging in the device properties.

Comment

Thanks. Creating a device got rid of the X10 log messages (but I still wish I didn't have to create a device to do that).

I'm still getting lots of log messages from the plug-in, however.

9/2/2008 8:59:17 PM CM15A Received Command. Processing...
                      9/2/2008 8:59:16 PM CM15A Received Command. Processing...
                      9/2/2008 8:59:15 PM CM15A Received Command. Processing...
                      9/2/2008 8:59:14 PM CM15A Received Command. Processing...

Any way to get rid of these?

Comment

Can the plugin transmit a RF command? Or does it just receive?

Comment

Just receives.

Comment

CM15A macros

Does anyone know if the CM15A plugin supports downloading of macros to the CM15A. I've been testing the module without HS for the past week and am amazed at how good it is as a stand alone controller. I've put all my marcos etc onto it but I had to recreate them in the supplied ActiveHome Pro software which is not on the same plane at all as HS.

Joe

Comment

It does not, X10 has not released any documentation on how to do that.

Comment

Working...
                              X