No announcement yet.

CM15A Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

english is not my native language . the term to use is does homeseer support upload/update macro to cm15 device ?
    Does HS support for compatible x10 device download macro in the aim to edit an,d then update it ?

Comment

Originally posted by liionel View Post
      english is not my native language . the term to use is does homeseer support upload/update macro to cm15 device ?
      Does HS support for compatible x10 device download macro in the aim to edit an,d then update it ?
      No, HS does not support loading macros to this device.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have been using a CM15 as a backup to my HomeSeer system that uses an CM11. In order to keep the clock working and in sync I have it plugged in all the time just duplicating what the HS system has. While I can change my HS events at will I cannot contact the CM15 so it defeats some of the major advantages of the HS concept.

I noted baudis comment about the EZX10RF sucking up the X-10 commands. If my CM15 backup could stay plugged in but inhibited only to be used when needed it would be a workable situation. Although the CM11 doesn't have a passthough outlet I am planning to switch to a Smarthome 1132CU which does have a passthrough. Does anyone know whether that unit, or any other, is likely to inhibit the X-10 commands?

Comment

I remember reading somewhere that any X10 device will tend to absorb some of the signal. Some brands may present more load than others, and if your output isn't strong to begin with, you may have problems.
          If you're having signal problems, you may want to invest in a phase coupler or a repeater. For years, I used a 0.1uF 600V non polarized mylar capacitor connected across my water heater circuit breaker as a phase coupler. It improved reliability quite a bit and cost less than a buck. Be aware though, that if you were to receive a power spike in excess of the rating of the cap, it could explode. Of course... so would most of your appliances (capacitor installed or not).
          In all the years I've used X10, there's only been one occurrance of a serious power surge here. It managed to toast 75% of my modules including the CM11. The power company eventually went good for the replacement costs.
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Actually I do want it to absorb or inhibit the X-10 signals from the CM15 until I'm ready to use it. At that time I could reconnect it to a clean outlet. In it's backup role I just want to keep it plugged in and keep the clock in sync until that time.

I too use a capacitor as a phase coupler and had one experience where one exploded. If it was caused by a power spike it didn't seem to do any other damage.

Comment

Not so much a reply but a question - I just downloaded and installed the Beta 1.0.0.1 but under 'interfaces' it shows as 1.0.0.0 - is that right or have I managed to pick up the original version (I had no CM15 support previously installed)?

Comment

Working...
              X