What is the best USB/X10 interface?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the best USB/X10 interface?

I need some advice on my X10 modem needs please.

I have a very good X10 system with no need for Insteon or a stand alone controller. I will use HomeSeer plug-ins and regularly available software. I’m new to HomeSeer (but been doing X10 for many years) so I’m finding this whole modem/controller compatibility and software issue a bit frustrating to figure out. There are firmware and hardware revisions to worry about, time lag issues and bogus log messages, lockups every couple days.

What is the best product to use? I have a strong preference for USB (not serial) for obvious reasons. Is it the SH 1132U, the SH 2414U, or something else? When I say “best product” I’m thinking about the whole hardware and software/plug-in side of things for use with HomeSeer.

I have a 2414U (late 2005, Rev 1.6, 00.D4.D2) I picked up used. So far I’ve not got the plug-in working right. Would a new 1132U make my life easier, like not needing the SDM? I see it’s on sale at SM for $60.
    Last edited by Mr Spock; August 22, 2008, 03:15 AM.

If you want to make your life easier then buy a TI-103 and be done with it. This is not a USB device but it's the best X10 interface left.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Agreed. Get a TI103 with an Edgeport USB-to-Serial hub and you're good.
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Advise taken, order placed. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X