Is it x64 or is it me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it x64 or is it me?

Hello everyone. I am a bit confused for a couple of reasons (actually many more-- but that's another story).

I used to run HS 1.7 on another computer a couple of years ago running various OSs over the years but ending up with XP Pro. All was fine.

A couple of years (plus or minus) ago, I switched to HS2 and switched the computer to another machine running XP Pro x64. After a few .NET Framework issues, all seemed well.

But I noticed the MSGBOX messages I used to see on screen do not appear any more. Oh-- one more thing-- I use remote desktop to connect to this PC.

I recently have had some X-10 communication problems and as a result of not getting the "sprinkler did not turn off" MSGBOX messages, I have seen some large water bills! It is also supposed to print an "Error" to the logfile which it is not doing either! I am confused as I have researched and troubleshot this for most of the two years to no avail.

Below is the script that used to produce MSGBOX and logfile error messages that does not work (it works except for those two things!):

sub main()
    dim times
    dim endcount
    dim unit
    dim status
    unit="O1"
    endcount = 3
    for times = 1 to endcount

hs.execx10 unit, "OFF"
    hs.setdevicestatus unit, "2"
    hs.polldevice (unit)
    status = hs.DeviceStatus (unit)

if status = 3 then times = endcount + 2

next

if times = endcount + 1 then
    texmes=unit + " is stuck on or is not responding"
    msgbox texmes
    hs.writelog "Error", texmes
    else
    end if
    end sub

Also, when I try to update HS, I download the file sucessfully and then run the updater but it says it cannot find homeseer.exe or HSphone(or whatever).exe. Maybe because they are in Program Files (x86) directory and not just Program Files? Does the updater not "know" x64 file locations?

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

JJ

HomeSeer doesn't support X64 OS's. In the past the installer wasn't smart enough to check for this but now it does.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Bummer.

Silly me. And I thought HS was running on x64 all these years...

Comment

Originally posted by jjervis View Post
        Bummer.

Silly me. And I thought HS was running on x64 all these years...
        It will run but as you have indicated it doesn't work as the 32bit OS does.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Vista x64

OK, so XP x64 is not supported.

I decided to "bite the bullet" and upgrade to Vista but as I am now in the process of installing it, it is Vista x64.

So when the System requirements state that Vista is supported, I assume that includes the x64 edition.

So is Vista x64 supported?

JJ

Comment

64 bit

I am afraid that I already see the answer to my question in your post above and that is that Homeseer supports NO 64 bit operating system. And that would include the 64 bit version of Vista.

So when the requirements say "Vista" do they really mean to say "Vista x32"?

Comment

Well, version 2.2.0.66 loaded and seems to run fine. The versoin is Vista Business and is running in 64 bit mode. Is this supported?

Comment

Working...
              X