X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to: Hard Reset appliance module?

Well, the title says it all!

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

What's the problem with the UPBAM?

Comment

It was acting goofy. I had a set of speakers plugged into it. When I would turn it on, it would then turn off, however still be "reporting" as ON. So, I swapped it out or another module and everything has been fine.

So, for the "broken" module, I'd like to try ot hard reset it back to factory defaults and try to re-program it.

Right now it is randomly claiming noise at the plug...which is not really terribly possible as the module is plugged INTO the PIM (Computer to wall Interface Module). I tried to put a different module into the PIM's plug holes and test for noise...none...as expected.

So, I figured something went crazy in the module. It would be easy enough to just try to hard-reset it. I know that for Wall Switches it's generally tap up 10x. I THINK for appliance / lamp modules it it push the programming button 10x...but just wanted to confirm before I tried it.

I KNOW that I would have been able to send it in for warrenty...but it is a HAL cheap-o module from e-bay. Ehh...if it doesn't ever want to work...oh well, I'm out $15. Still worth it!

--Dan
      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Dan,

5 taps flashes green
        10 taps flashes red
        2 taps back to solid green

Does that help?

Dave

Comment

Dave,

That's what I was looking for!

That fixed the module!!

--Dan

Comment

Working...
          X