Best speech proxy program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best speech proxy program?

I'm finally convinced that I need a speech proxy plugin/script. I know there's "Is Speaking" and maybe one or two others out there. I'm wanting one that will work well with speaker switching, ie switch speakers to a setting to speak, then switch it back when done speaking.

any suggestions?
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Try the lrpSpeak plug-in.. You have a trial period to see if it will work for you.
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

lrpspeak, Is-speaking, or speak easy seem to be those that are available. Is Speaking seems to be free, and also has the least features. lrpspeak is .net, and seems to have quite a few features that would be nice. Speak easy seems to have been around for the longest. Any thoughts?
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Larry,
        I actually trialed it when i was looking for a new plugin for the ab8ss a while ago. I'm now switching to the ESS (from maker of ab8ss). I'm wondering, is LrpSpeak "tied to" ab8ss or will it work with any speaker switching devices? see the JasvESS plugin forum for info on the hardware, if you need.
        Plugins:

Comment

There's also BLSpeech that you should consider.
          Marty
          ------
          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

While I did incorporate most features people ask for, it is limited to the AB8SS speaker switch. I do not have any other hardware to use in order to develop towards. My future plans are to obtain some Russound equipment and use HS's plug-in.
            -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
            VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
            Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

I second BLspeach. It works perfect and has lots of features.

Thom

Comment

I need to show my ignorance and ask what exactly does the term "Speech Proxy" mean as it is used here? I know that Homeseer speaks through the Speaker app and that IsSpeaking will tell you if something is currently being spoken (I assume by monitoring the speech buffer of each Speaker App instance). But I am not sure, when I see in the description of a plugin that it can act as a "Speech Proxy", just what that means exactly.

Comment

Basically what it does is get in between HS and the speaker apps and allow processing of speech, such as getting speakers turned on etc, before it actually starts speaking. Very basic and there's more but they're very handy.
                  Marty
                  ------
                  XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                    Basically what it does is get in between HS and the speaker apps and allow processing of speech, such as getting speakers turned on etc, before it actually starts speaking. Very basic and there's more but they're very handy.
                    OK, thanks for the explanation. Two more questions... What is the best speech proxy to use when you do speaker switching with Stargate relays, and is there any issue if you use more than one plug-in that acts as a speech proxy?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

Comment

What's best is hard to say, I'm very satisfied with the BLSpeech plug-in. I have no experience with Stargate so I really can't advise you on that but as long as HomeSeer has control of the stargate relays you should be fine.

You do have to pick one speech proxy as it will register itself with HomeSeer to take over the processing of speech. That doesn't mean you can't try several and before you make a choice as to what works best for you, they just can't all be active at the same time.
                      Marty
                      ------

Comment

upstaemike,
                        Using a HS speakproxy for HomeSeer with Stargate won't be any use if you also have some sounds and anouncement made directly by the Stargate.
                        There is a way to have this done "the Stargate way", quite tricky but rock-solid.
                        I hope this helps, you know how difficult it is to copy from the SG schedule, and probably imagine that this is intricated in _some_ other of my winevm schedule.

Stargate side setup:
                        You will need:
                        - A variable to instruct SG that HS wants something: Vx (a flag would also work, but a variable can also be used for other communications to SG)
                        - A flag that is "on" when loudspeakers are on : FIsSpeaking
                        - A variable for the speaking queue: Vqueue

When HS wants to talk:
                        Changes Vx the variable to 1
                        Waits for IsSpeaking variable to be null
                        Speaks (using the true param for HS to wait for the end of the speach)
                        Changes the variable to 0

Stargate events:

Event receiving from HS:
                        If Vx =1
                        and FIsSpeaking is off
                        then
                        FIsSpeaking on
                        Vx=0

Event turning speakers on:
                        if FIsSpeaking on
                        then

if Vqueue =0
                        then
                        _Trigger your speaker on relays here_

Vqueue increment

Event :turning speakers off:
                        If Vqueue <=1
                        then
                        _Trigger your speaker relays off here_
                        Vx clear
                        If Vqueue >1
                        then
                        Vqueue decrement
                        Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                          upstaemike,
                          Using a HS speakproxy for HomeSeer with Stargate won't be any use if you also have some sounds and anouncement made directly by the Stargate.
                          There is a way to have this done "the Stargate way", quite tricky but rock-solid.
                          I hope this helps, you know how difficult it is to copy from the SG schedule, and probably imagine that this is intricated in _some_ other of my winevm schedule.
                          Hi Pierre,

Thanks for the good point about mixing the Stargate and Homeseer voices because that will be important to me. I currently use Zspeak along with WinEVM to do TTS announcements like reading the weather report and so I already mix things a little but I need to think carefully about how this will work with Homeseer.

In my current setup, the PC running WinEVM outputs its audio to the line in on Stargate so I can switch it with Stargate's internal audio matrix. Line out from Stargate goes to my announcement amplifier and Stargate relays control speaker switching. I currently do not use the Synch Playback option in any of my Stargate voice commands because I have a lot of voice activity and I do not want the schedule paused for all of these events. Instead I use variables to control the relays by incrementing the variable with the number of seconds I need to speak the message. The relay is set on any time the variable is greater than zero and Off when ever it is zero. (The variable is decremented by 1 each second so they count down and can never get stuck on). This lets events add messages to the speech queue and only have the relays on long enough to speak the actual messages required.

So in my hourly status report for example, the long messages that tell how long each furnace has run so far today are omitted in the summer when they do not run and the announcement relays turn off sooner since the variable was not incremented for those messages that are not going to be spoken.

In my new setup with Homeseer I of course want to find a better way to do things so I need to look some more at your examples. I plan to change the audio path so that the Hometroller feeds the announcement amp directly instead of going through the Stargate line in. This will let me do 2 different things at once such as have Stargate page thrugh the phone system to announce a doorbell activation while Homeseer plays a different greeting to the visitor at the door through the announce amp. I am also planning to run the Eltima com port splitter so that WinEVM can continue to run as well as the JDS plugin. This will allow me to migrate my existing Zspeak events over to Homeseer gradually and I might even keep Zspeak in palce for some things.

I definitely have some more planning to do and a lot more I need to learn about Homeseer.

Comment

Working...
                          X