outdoor temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

outdoor temperature

Has anyone come up with an easy way to sense outdoor temperature for HS? I see the HSM100 multisensor, but the motion and light sensors are superfluous for me, and I am wondering if this device is tough enough for outdoor use in New England.

The cheapest way would be to use a one-wire sensor and one of the free one-wire plugins. Wirelessly gets expensive quickly if you do not have any of the equipment.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I use one of the Oregon Scientific sensors which transmits wirelessly just fine. I will note that the accuracy is not very good IMHO. It does give you a SWAG though.
      huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
        I use one of the Oregon Scientific sensors which transmits wirelessly just fine. I will note that the accuracy is not very good IMHO. It does give you a SWAG though.
        How do you have this interfaced to HomeSeer?

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          How do you have this interfaced to HomeSeer?
          RFXCOM with dual antenna setup so I don't have to keep up with what frequency devices use, just that the system supports it. Lazy? Nah, simple.

FYI, it was at Rupp's suggestion in the first place that I purchased RFXCOM. I use it for my x-10 palmpad's, temp sensors, ds10a's, older wireless security products that function like ds10a's, and I'm sure over time I'll add more devices it supports. One day I'll invest in the sending of data, but for now, RFXCOM only receives data.

huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

If you have the receivers this is the only way to go, BUT for users that do not have these receivers it can be cost prohibitive for a couple of temp sensors.

Comment

Hey Rupp,

I looked around, and I am not seeing what you are talking about. Specifically which one-wire solutions are you talking about? I couldn't find any plugins or hardware that seemed to fit the bill.

Comment

Working...
              X