Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I test 3 PIRs for no movement in 30 min.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I test 3 PIRs for no movement in 30 min.?

I need to be able to raise an event when none of my 3 PIRs has registred any movement in 30 min.

Tried to create a Virtual Device called "Movement" and every time each of the 3 PIRs registred movement they individually set the Movement device to ON.
    My idea was then to test the Movement devices against the time in "Last Change" (ie. that that time was more than 30 min. there have been no movement in the house for the last 30 min) but to what I can find out it is not possible to use this as a trigger.

Any suggestions on how to solve this - without coding (I am not a programmer).
    Best,
    Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Wouldn't you be able to use an event setup as a condition incorporating all three PIR devices?

something like

Group 1
    Device: PIR1 has been OFF for at least 30 minutes AND
    Device: PIR2 has been OFF for at least 30 minutes AND
    Device: PIR3 has been OFF for at least 30 minutes

When these all happen then it triggers your actions, event, script or whatever.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Marty,
      Since this type of event still confuses me, wouldn't you still need a trigger, like a recurring trigger every 5 minutes to test against the conditions? I don't know, why I am asking
      Over The Hill
      What Hill?
      Where?
      When?
      I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

The way i'm looking at it is all of the devices being off for at least 30 minutes would be the trigger? Since HS is constantly checking for these conditions there is no need to do a recurring event to test.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Originally posted by jackpod View Post
          Marty,
          Since this type of event still confuses me, wouldn't you still need a trigger, like a recurring trigger every 5 minutes to test against the conditions? I don't know, why I am asking
          You don't need to because event conditions are evaluated roughly every minute by HS.
          Last edited by fran_joel; October 9, 2008, 12:15 PM.

Comment

It works!

Thank you for the quick suggestion.
            It works!!!
            Best,
            Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
              Wouldn't you be able to use an event setup as a condition incorporating all three PIR devices?

something like

Group 1
              Device: PIR3 has been OFF for at least 30 minutes

When these all happen then it triggers your actions, event, script or whatever.
              Just be aware that you'll get multiple triggers, because each condition is "at least"

At 30 minutes you'll get a trigger, and at 31 (because 31 is at least 30), and at 32, 33 (and so on).

To avoid this, you'll have to add some type of condition to show when your event triggered.

For example, if you turn off a light when all three PIR's show no motion for at least 30 minutes, you could make the trigger:

Device: PIR3 has been OFF for at least 30 minutes AND
              Device: Light is ON

That way, when the event fires to turn off the light, all 3 PIR's may still be showing no motion, but the light will be off, and the event won't keep firing and firing and firing......

Comment

oh good catch, i forgot about adding a condition to stop the multiple triggers.
                Marty
                ------

Comment

Working...
                X