Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 challenging problems / vista mixer + homeseer-MCE interoperability

Hi guys !

I have yet to find another glitch in my setup but here I am begging for more insights !

Here are 2 questions which I am convinced many homeseer/VistaMCE users have been banging their heads for :

- Is there ANY way to control the volume mixer in vista and when is this simple plugin ( guessing it's simple but hey, im no programmer ) going to come out ?
    I experience volume problems since media center controls the volume but with vista's mixer, they all can have different volume which is great, anything to control in vista from homeseer scripting ?

- Also, I have been dreaming about some way to control Vista's MCE basic commands such as "greenbutton", etc. They are all very standard and I can make it work trough MCE controller already but this involved DOS window to pop up and break my directX session. Would be great to have homeseer sending out the right commands directly to MCE, could this be implemented in the MCE Vista Plugin ?

Both way communication for a better world ! And a better home !

Thank in advance, I wish for the day I can have my seermaster or superseer tag !

LoOwEe
    Louis.l@domobec.com

Up !

Up !

I figure no one in this world needs to control volume output in vista with homeseer, that's sad.

Can anyone at least give me a reason why this is not developped ? IS there any limitation to vista's volume control ?

Help !

Comment

The script connector plugin has a sample script that can control volume on any remote vista computer (and also on the main HS Server if you run the HsScript Client on the main server).

From any HomeSeer event:

- Choose the Exec Remote Script action
      - Type the remote computer name as the target
      - Type remote_volume.cs as the script name
      - Type one of the following as the script parameter:

VOLUP --> To increase volume by 10%
      VOLDOWN --> To decrease volume by 10%
      VOLSET 0 - 100 --> To set the volume between 0 and 100

Example From any HomeSeer script or from HomeSeer immediate Script Command:

&hs.Plugin("Script Connector").ExecRemoteSub "target computer", "remote_volume.cs", "VOLSET 60"

&hs.Plugin("Script Connector").ExecRemoteSub "target computer", "remote_volume.cs", "VOLUP"

&hs.Plugin("Script Connector").ExecRemoteSub "target computer", "remote_volume.cs", "VOLDOWN"
      Last edited by stipus; October 16, 2008, 06:52 AM.
      --
      stipus

Comment

Loowee,
        Contact Thom, goes by "Green Acres" here on the board. He and another fella here have developed a script package for HS to send commands to the MCE Controller you mentioned. i use it, I love it.

as to volume, vista volume is incredibly different than xp volume. In many people's opinion it is really messed up. Give some examples of what you're trying to do, and I'll help ya out if I can.

Are you using HS on the same machine as Vista MCE, or a different one?

Just so you know, I eventually broke down and bought an Extender to fix my volume problems. I'm running HS on my MCE Machine.

You mentioned the Vista MCE plugin, are you using it? are you using any other plugins, like the WMP, Itunes, JRMC, etc?

Drop me an email if you'd like to talk more indepth about any of these things.
        Plugins:
        BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

thx

Thank you very much guys !
          I will get back to you for updates...
          I already sent a message to green acres, thx CompletelyHis !

To be continued...

Comment

Hi Stipus !
            My script connector plugin says 0 day remaining, any way to get another 15 day trial before I purchase ?

P.S.: I managed to fix SIP Connector DTMF problem but it seems the DTMF recognition is poor, this might be my SIPURA ( cisco ) phone system not compatible. Any insights on this ?

Thank you !

Comment

Originally posted by loowee View Post
              Hi Stipus !
              My script connector plugin says 0 day remaining, any way to get another 15 day trial before I purchase ?
              You can get another trial period by opening a HomeSeer support ticket. As far as I know they always send you a new trial key.

P.S.: I managed to fix SIP Connector DTMF problem but it seems the DTMF recognition is poor, this might be my SIPURA ( cisco ) phone system not compatible. Any insights on this ?

Thank you !
              It should work fine with RFC2833 DTMF (out of band). I know Inband detection is not very good.
              Try to switch your cisco to RFC2833 DTMF mode.
              --
              stipus

Comment

Hi again Stipus,I have just purchased script connector plugin but it tells me it cannot find "target computer" when I change this tag for PC name or local*ip. Anything I have to install as a service on the target machine ( local*MCE machine ) ? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by loowee View Post
                  Hi again Stipus,I have just purchased script connector plugin but it tells me it cannot find "target computer" when I change this tag for PC name or local*ip. Anything I have to install as a service on the target machine ( local*MCE machine ) ? Thank you
                  My bad, didnt take time to view plugin manual
                  Its all good,*awsome work on this one Stipus !
                  Thx

Comment

Thank you for your order ! I hope you like the Script Connector as much as I do. It's my favourite plugin after ACRF.
                    --
                    stipus

Comment

MCe plugin / script

Hi there again C-His !

I have tried to get in touch with Green Acres but no reply from him, any way you can throw the MCE scripts or plugins on my email ?
                      Email --> thankyouchis@domobec.com

Thanks guys, long live homeseer !

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
                      Loowee,
                      Contact Thom, goes by "Green Acres" here on the board. He and another fella here have developed a script package for HS to send commands to the MCE Controller you mentioned. i use it, I love it.

as to volume, vista volume is incredibly different than xp volume. In many people's opinion it is really messed up. Give some examples of what you're trying to do, and I'll help ya out if I can.

Are you using HS on the same machine as Vista MCE, or a different one?

Just so you know, I eventually broke down and bought an Extender to fix my volume problems. I'm running HS on my MCE Machine.

You mentioned the Vista MCE plugin, are you using it? are you using any other plugins, like the WMP, Itunes, JRMC, etc?

Drop me an email if you'd like to talk more indepth about any of these things.

Comment

Working...
                      X