Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can'nt see the virtual device option.

Hey guys

I am trying to create a virtual device in the status page, but when I open the drop down list in the device type I cant see the "Virtual" device option in the drop down list, Do I have to create it, so it can appear?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Go into Setup and then the "Device Types" Tab and you can add it in.

Comment

Al

Thank you very much, I did not know you can add devices like that, Let me ask you, if you where to add "vitual" what would you put in for "device type"?
      Hector
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

You would make a new device type using the add new device type selection on the drop down list, then just pick what kinds of things you want it to respond to.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Rotech..... another good thing, well at least for me...

you can organize your devices and know where they are.....

I have various p/n light switches....

so I have done that... added new devices...
          Attached Files
          HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Device Types are nothing more than a collection of features/options to be set on the device when the device type is applied. In HomeSeer 2, if you apply a device type to a device and then modify the settings in a script, then when HS2 is restarted, it will create a new device type of the same name (but with a .1 usually at the end) to represent the fact that the device is no longer matching the original device type it was set to.

You can create devices without using a device type, but then if you do need to set some of the features, you can only do it with a script.

So for a virtual device type, it is 99% name only! You only have to set whether it is dimmable or not, make sure NOT to mark it as "Status Only" if you plan on triggering events with it, and you are pretty much done.
            Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Rick

I got lost with your explanation, can dilute that a bit for me please.
              Hector
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Pretty much virtual devices are almost nothing since they are not really controlling a device. All you really need to do is go into setup/device types and click on "new device type" in the device drop down box. A small box opens up with how you want your device to respond. For 99% of virtual devices you don't have to do anything but name it VIRTUAL. The only choices really are status only or not. If you plan to activate your virtual device by hand or a touch screen do nothing but save it. If your virtual is to be controlled by other devices you can make it "status only" so no one will accidentally trigger it.
                Attached Files
                Marty
                ------
                XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Working...
                X