No announcement yet.

Show us your kit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I built my wire tracs in the wall when I re did our basement.

Heres mine.

Thom
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sdanks View Post
      I am rebuilding in my dad's old house that he left to us when he passed away. Here is where I am so far.
      I just decommissioned that exact same 4U server case in favor of a smaller 2U box. Want a spare?

Comment

Originally posted by sacarino View Post
        I just decommissioned that exact same 4U server case in favor of a smaller 2U box. Want a spare?
        Thanks for the offer, but I have been thinking about the same thing lately. I kind of like seeing everything on the wall. I might be moving some of the rack mounted stuff over to the wall myself. But it would be a good idea to get a 2U rack. I might have to look around for that.

I need to move the cable modem and router to this area as well. I will need to get in the attic to go that, so it might have to wait for my son's help for that part.

I really love these pictures so I wanted to wake up this thread.
        A computer's attention span is as long
        as it's powercord.

Comment

I should update my photo. I've got the walls up, patch panel is punched in. The only thing really left on my rack, is to get the coax "patch" panel built. I bought all the parts, just haven't done anything with it yet.
          --Dan
          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

I find that as I look at these other installations, I am prodded on to work on mine. I become complacent as I have a pretty good operating system now. It makes several key announcements throughout the day and reminds us to do things. But I have alot of unisntalled items that I need to put in since we will probably stay here for a while. A friend of mine gave me his Ztroller when he misplaced it and had to order a new one. He found it and offered it to me. So I need to put it in and I will have lighting control again. I brought all the zwave switches with me when we moved out of the old house. I have put in florescent bulbs now, so I guess they would work if I just do on or off. But anyway, I will post updated pictures as I do more work.
            as it's powercord.

Comment

re 4th up from here.
              I wonder why four printers?

Comment

Same shelf all the way to the left looks like a ham rig. . . Maybe 2 meters?
                as it's powercord.

Comment

thought id share mine... now i spent since 10am and a few "Beverage" breaks... but not alot.. WOW it takes alot to rip apart and get up and running again..

i still have a few cameras to get up... edgeport 22/c for brutech (not installed yet) and a few other things but you get the jist...
                  Attached Files
                  HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

My first iteration of my 'node 0' as we used to call them back in the day, was a piece of plywood on the wall with everything screwed to it. Then I used D rings for wire routing and 66 blocks for everything. controllers were in their own metal cabinets, etc... The included picture of the plywood installation got a lot worse as wires were added.

I recently re-did the whole setup to a new wall in the garage that was out of the way. I took a little more time and painted the plywood, used wire gutters to route the wiring in media cabinet.

The gutters above make it really easy to route wires between cabinets. There are also two 2" conduits running upstairs in the attic right near the gutter entry. So running wires up stairs is a breeze now. Before I had litterally stapled them to the outside of the house and run up to the attic.

One SMC (Structured Media Center) holds the data, phone, voip, and video wiring. Another houses the 110AC distribution and a small Dell PC for HS Pro and its associated accessories.

The third SMC holds my Stargate controller, Caddx alarm, I/O expander, DC distribution and speaker distribution. I use Stargate relays to switch the speakers on/off for the rooms.

I really like the way it turned out. One thing I considered is the way it looked before was more of a liability of I ever wanted to move. Now that its structured wiring, its becomes an asset.

-Tim
                    Attached Files
                    -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
                    Way2 Call
                    Elk M1 Gold
                    UPB HAI switches
                    HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

That really looks nice.

Only question I have is how do you keep the electronics cool inside the cabinets?

Comment

Thanks

I have a temperature sensor in one of the cabinets that I monitor. So far I have not seen a problem. It maybe because it's on an inside wall that does not get hit with the sun.

They make fans that snap into the 2" knockouts that I could add if needed.

So far so good.
                        -Tim

HSPro - 3.XXX - Dell mini W7 x32
                        Way2 Call
                        Elk M1 Gold
                        UPB HAI switches
                        HAI RC2000 Thermostat

Comment

My Rack

Well i just built this over the weekend to try and get everything off the floor.

I recently added a door and a lock to stop little fingers grabbing the cables.

Its not much but it is expandable.

Raptor
                          Attached Files
                          HS3 Pro on Windows 8 64bit
                          53 Z-wave nodes(46 devices, 7 remotes), 15 DS10a's, 10 ms16a's, 9 Oregon Sensors, W800, RFXCOMtrx433, Way2Call, 3 HSTouch Clients, 2xRussound CAS44, Global Cache GC100-12,10 Rollertrol blinds(+ zwave) ,3 Squeezebox Radios and 1 Squeezebox Boom,DMX Arduino via ethernet,Rain8Net,3x Echo Dot's

Check out my electronics blog here:
                          https://www.facebook.com/RaptorsIrrationalInventions

Comment

Hmmmm.....

I just went through this whole thread from start to finish getting more and more envious/jealous/disguested with each new picture. Our setup is really nice when the cabinet door is closed. When its open....not so much.

I am not sure if I am feeling inspired or shamed, but I somehow feel motivated to clean up my setup!

As soon as it gets a little cooler. Attic temp is 132 right now....

Comment

My Setup

Some of your setup's put mine to shame, so i decided to do a rework of my system and neaten it up (also to improve WAF).

I did have all of my gear in a network rack, however i was informed (by my significant other) that in a more crude phrasing that it can't stay inside, so decided to move everything into two shelves of a closet in the hallway.

Basically it is more or less self explanatory, but Network all comes into the patch panel, where i patch things in and out. Most of my network is running wireless with a few exceptions, so not much has actually been patched through (yet).

I have a CurrentCost on the top shelf, Homeseer Server PC, Fine Offset weather station with Cumulus running on the Homeseer server, and a radio scanner connected to an aerial in the roof (which also runs my W800RF). Scanner decides POCSAG messages and feeds them back into the Homeseer server through a localhost mailserver.

Bottom shelf is modem, router, patch panel, HDHomeRun ethernet dual TV tuner, and all of the aerial distribution system. At some stage i am considering putting in a VGA to analogue converter to feed the PC screen to the TV's.

Things you can't see:
                              • Bluetooth USB transceiver in the Roof (for sending TTS to a bathroom bluetooth hands free speaker).
                              • Serial to Ethernet device near switchboard
                              • TI213-RS232 near switchboard
                              • Global Cache WF2IR

Always a work in progress, but getting there
                              Attached Files
                              HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

travisdh, You did a nice job. Looks good.

Comment

Working...
                                X