Which plug-in(s) do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which plug-in(s) do you use?

I'm getting back into home automation after a long dry spell and upgraded to HS2. I'm wondering which plug-ins are the most popular so I can decide whether I'll probably use them and purchase one by one, or should just upgrade to HS2 Pro and be done with it. :-)

Aside from my upgrade decision I thought this might be a pretty interesting thread on it's own.

Please reply with a list of plug-ins you're actively using and perhaps a brief description of its/their usage. I'm also interested in knowing what OS you're using and CPU speed/RAM of the host hardware. Also if anyone is using HomeTroller.

To summarize:

1. What plug-in(s) are you actively using?
    2. What is your HomeSeer's host OS, CPU speed and RAM? Is system response snappy or a a little sluggish for your taste?
    3. What is your HomeSeer host hardware? Homebrew PC, HomeTroller, etc.?

Thanks!
    Last edited by ; October 18, 2008, 10:16 PM.

Ditto, all the HS stuff is in my sig, I have a dedicated server (P4 3.4 w/4gigs) running MLServer and J river with a 1.5tb raid 5 array and then a quad core w/4gigs) 5tb raid 5 array for video, integrated with both hs and MLServer

jack
    Over The Hill
    What Hill?
    Where?
    When?
    I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Installed Plugins and Scripts

I have the following installed. I like all of them. Not taking anything away from any of them, my favorites are LEDAM, FingerPrint Reader and Bluetooth Connector.

Plugins
      ACRF2
      BLNetCallerID
      Bluetooth Connector
      BLRader
      FingerPrint Reader
      HAI RD Thermostat
      LEDAM
      mcsDeviceGrid
      Media Player 2
      SafeRestart
      WAF-AB8SS
      Webcam

Major Scripts:
      POP3 Email Package V3
      Rover
      US Weather Warnings
      WAF NetCallerID
      Weather XML

Comment

I use ACRF and of course all my own plugins (see signature).

The most useful to me is the ACRF plugin, and the plugins I also use a lot are the SIP Connector plugin, and the Script Connector. I have the script connector client installed on all computers in the house (quite a lot)
        --
        stipus

Comment

my most often used plugins are:

doomotion
          dsc security plugin
          acrf2
          ADIOcelot
          mcstemp
          upb
          BLBackup
          BLLogmonitor
          HSTouch
          JRMC
          WMCenter
          BLUPS
          BLOutgoingCalls
          PJCAVR
          Rain8
          Stipus' Script Connector

I also use the SNEVL_CID script package and a custom HVAC script package.

I run it with a quad Core 2.4 ghz w/3gb ram running windows 7. i've attached a raid5 2tb array, soon to be upgraded to an 8gb raid5 array.
          Plugins:
          BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

AC-RF2
            BLIcon
            DooMotion
            DooNetwork
            GCIRRec2 -- Self written plug-in to add support for receiving IR commands multiple GC100s
            Global Cache GC100
            GoogleCal -- Self written plug-in to interface with Google Calendar. I need to look at Rick's code for ideas
            HS Touch
            Notification -- Self written plug-in to bridge the event/scripting gap when trying to notify us of things via different methods.
            mscTemperature
            mcsXap
            MediaMonkey -- Self written plug-in (that I want to release) to support multiple remote instances of MediaMonkey
            ProLite -- Self written plug-in to support my specific LED sign
            UltraM1G
            ZWave Thermostat

Machine:
            2.2 GHz dual core
            1 gig RAM
            XP

Average HS CPU usage: 2-4%

Comment

Working...
            X