Honeywell Security System Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honeywell Security System Support

My local security company sells Honeywell systems. I would like to use them because I already have a relationship with them. However, I want the Honeywell system to connect to HomeSeer, so that HomeSeer can 1) Arm and Disarm, and 2) Monitor Input status.

I believe there are two approaches that may allow HomeSeer to communicate to a Honeywell system:

1. Use the FA168CPS controller with a Vista ICM - HomeSeer communicates to the Vista ICM via Ethernet.

2. Use the FA1700C with the 4100SM serial module - HomeSeer communicates serially.

Any advice on this? Will both/either approach do what I want? Which, if either, is recommended? Are there existing scripts/plug-ins available for either? Also, my understanding is that HomeSeer can't talk directly to the FA168CPS, although that would be my preference.

Thanks in advance,

Ed

Use the serial interface.
    But unless you know the I/O protocol it would be difficult to make a plugin.
    Use the search of the board but I'll almost guarantee nobody has written a plugin for this.

~Bill

Comment

I learned that the Honeywell FA1700C is the same as an Ademco Vista 250FBP. I see several references to Ademco in the message board so I will research this a bit.

Thanks,

Comment

Sounds like you are set.
        The only Honeywell panels I ever worked were just rebranded Radionics.

Good luck!

~Bill

Comment

Vista ICM plug-in is available

Ed,

I wrote a plug-in for the Vista ICM which I posted to the forums. Look at this thread: Visa ICM Thread8.

The link to the plug-in is here: download here.

It does not allow arming through HomeSeer remotely, it has a link that will point you at the ICM web interface that will allow arming with the code. Not sure if that will be sufficient for you or not.

Let me know if that works. I could still do some more work on it, but for now it does everything that I needed. I'd be happy to share the source code as well, if you are interested in modifying it.

Regards,
          Chris

Comment

Oh, also if there are multiple people interested in the plug-in, please reply here and I'll just package it up and submit it to HomeSeer for no charge to be included as a standard downloadable package. The only thing that I've been waiting for was a good icon to represent it...but frankly everything else is there and it's already packaged up as HomeSeer expects.

If you grab it from the location mentioned above, there is a document enclosed that explains how to install and gives directions.

Regards,
            Chris

Comment

Working...
            X