• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotech
    replied
    Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    James

In my home I have a gang box which has 4 light swithces. I just want HS to control these switch thats all.
    In my case all 4 ligths in the gang bow are hard wired, will this still work?

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    If I understand correctly, this might be what I want.
    Do I understand that this device is installed in an existing circuit to control the connected load and through Z-Wave, control three other devices?
    I have for instance, four lights in my living room. Two are wired fixtures, one of which would be the local load and two others are table lamps, plugged into lamp modules. It would be perfect to be able to control all four from the wall switch at the door.

Leave a comment:

• kaldoon
    replied
    Vizia RF + 4-Button Zone Controller (VRCZ4-1L) with IR Remote Capability is ideal for remote control of up to four different zones (areas) of Vizia RF + scene-capable devices.1 The Controller uses Z-Wave protocol transmissions to control other Leviton Vizia RF + Z-Wave enabled devices as well as Z-Wave compliant devices from other manufacturers. The top
    four buttons on the controller provide ON/OFF switching of four zones/areas. The bottom button transmits DIM/BRIGHT commands to the most recently switched-ON zone (area).

1-A zone is one controlled load(s): An area is multiple zones. For example, a series of porch lights controlled by a single Leviton Vizia RF + device is a zone. An area could be the porch and/or any additional zones, such as landscape lights.

Vizia RF + 4-Button Scene Controller (VRCS4-1L) with IR Remote Capability is ideal for remote control of up to four different scenes with Vizia RF + scene-capable devices.2 The top four buttons on the controller provide ON/OFF switching of four scenes. The bottom button transmits DIM/BRIGHT commands to the most recently switched-ON scene

2-An activated scene adjusts various dimmers and switches to a user defined preset lighting level (Scene Level)

Based on what your saying the Scene Controller is probably what you would be looking for.

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    James

In my home I have a gang box which has 4 light swithces. I just want HS to control these switch thats all.

Leave a comment:

• jasv
    replied
    I don't know that I can do a good job of explaining but I can tell you if you expect to control any devices other than Leviton scene capable devices then you would be better off with a zone controller. I think there was some discussions on this in the past. I will look for them and let you know.

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    Thanks, like always

Originally posted by jasv View Post
    I have 3 if them. Homeseer carries them. I would "strongly" recommend that you understand the difference between the "zone controllers" and the "scene controllers". Only the zone controllers work for my setup.
    James thanks for responding, can you be so kind enough to explain what are the differences. The HS site does not go in to detail in how these things work.

Leave a comment:

• jasv
    replied
    I have 3 if them. Homeseer carries them. I would "strongly" recommend that you understand the difference between the "zone controllers" and the "scene controllers". Only the zone controllers work for my setup.

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    started a topic 4 Button Zwave switch

4 Button Zwave switch

I am now ready for a 4 button Zwave switch that I need, and I was wondering if anybody have a choice that works. Somebody that has them in there home that can give me there feed back.

Thanks
    Last edited by Rotech; October 20, 2008, 10:01 PM.
Working...
X