Hardware between camera and PC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware between camera and PC?

I would really like to install cameras in my home but I don't like the idea of adding cards to my PC. For now I only want to install 1 camera as a test for my front door. Is there any economical interface box that you can connect lets say 3 cameras, and from the interface to HS PC?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Unless your running a pretty fast pc I would advise against using the HS pc for camera stuff.. it really loads the CPU

TrOjAn

Comment

Originally posted by TrOjAn View Post
      Unless your running a pretty fast pc I would advise against using the HS pc for camera stuff.. it really loads the CPU

TrOjAn
      Not if you slow the streaming rate down a bit or do not need streaming.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

a simple and inexpensive solution is one from X10. If you buy one of their camera "bundles" you get a device (I think it's a VA11a) that gives you a USB connection that you can plug one analog camera into. You still need camera software to take the input.

Comment

Another possibility might be Internet Cameras. I have several of these along with the Netcam plugin.

A friend of mine is using an Internet Camera at his front door along with MainLobby and when the front door motion sensor is triggered the live image from that camera pops up on his touchscreen.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Vader View Post
            Another possibility might be Internet Cameras. I have several of these along with the Netcam plugin.

A friend of mine is using an Internet Camera at his front door along with MainLobby and when the front door motion sensor is triggered the live image from that camera pops up on his touchscreen.
            So, w/the camera there is a reciever (base) which is then connected to HS thru usb? is that the way it works?
            Hector
            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
              So, w/the camera there is a reciever (base) which is then connected to HS thru usb? is that the way it works?

The cameras we use can either connect to your network via Wifi or LAN cable. They have their own internal 'server.' Just assign them an IP address and then you can view them from any computer on your network, even anywhere in the world if you set it up that way.

Using the Netcam Plugin, you insert the IP address of the cameras and then you can set up triggers in HS to capture still images if there is motion or any other event you want.

Using Jon00 Touchscreen or Mainlobby (and maybe HSTOUCH if it ever materializes) you can have HS bring up live streaming images whenever events are triggered.

Comment

Do you know how this is done? I have Jon00 touch screen program and I would like that feature so it can automaticly show up on the screen when the motion sensor picks up movement.
                Hector
                AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

The cameras we use can either connect to your network via Wifi or LAN cable. They have their own internal 'server.' Just assign them an IP address and then you can view them from any computer on your network, even anywhere in the world if you set it up that way.

Using the Netcam Plugin, you insert the IP address of the cameras and then you can set up triggers in HS to capture still images if there is motion or any other event you want.

Using Jon00 Touchscreen or Mainlobby (and maybe HSTOUCH if it ever materializes) you can have HS bring up live streaming images whenever events are triggered.
                  what brand do you have???
                  Hector
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Do you know how this is done? I have Jon00 touch screen program and I would like that feature so it can automaticly show up on the screen when the motion sensor picks up movement.
                    I never took the time to configure Jon00 Touchscreen as I was like a baited fish waiting for HSTouch to be completed. There is lots of good information on how to do it in his thread and documentation

what brand do you have???
                    I have two Airlink101s. I think they even have POE versions now too. And I have one other, I forget the brand, that can pan and tilt and zoom but the image is too small to be useful for capturing images. The live image is a good size with good resolution though.

The Netcam Plugin thread lists other cameras that will work also.

Comment

Working...
                    X