TI103 Protocol Checksums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TI103 Protocol Checksums

Does anybody know how to calculate the checksums in the send command to the TI103? I know what the protocol document says but it would be nice to see a VB6 or .Net sample that I could understand.

Is there any way to get a hold of the TI103 sample appliction's source code? It is from ACT and it is called: TI103/PCC Logger Interface.

Not sure what you are try to accomplish, but why not just use the ACT103 Homeseer plugin to control it?

The instruction booklet that comes with the ACT103 provides the communication protocol for X10 devices.

I doubt if the ACT103 sends back a checksum. I would think it is using a standard serial port interface protocol.

Steve Q
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by knarfm View Post

Anyway, since I have posted this Phil Kingery from ACT replied to my email and help me out with a sample that another customer sent him.

Thanks,
        Frank
        Frank,
        Would it be possible for you to share the ACT TI103 code you got from Phil? I've been considering writing a DMX512 interface and one way to do it that avails itself of the built-in support for X-10 in HS is to intercept comms to and(or) mimic an existing X-10 interface.

Thanks! Marc
        hult at hydrologist.com

Comment

Marc,

Here is the C# routine that calculates a checksum for a TI103 command.
          It was written by Michael Daly. Phil was going to contact Mr. Daly and ask his permission to forward his email address so that I could personally thank him but I have not heard back yet.

private string checksum(string commandtext)
          {
          int sum = 0;
          string retval = "";
          char[] values = commandtext.ToCharArray();
          foreach (char letter in values)
          {
          // Get the integral value of the character.
          int value = Convert.ToInt32(letter);
          sum += value;
          }
          // Convert the decimal value to a hexadecimal value in string form.
          retval = String.Format("{0:X}", sum);
          if (retval.Length > 2)
          return retval.Substring(retval.Length - 2, 2);
          else
          return "??";
          }

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by knarfm View Post
            Marc,

Here is the C# routine that calculates a checksum for a TI103 command.
            It was written by Michael Daly. Phil was going to contact Mr. Daly and ask his permission to forward his email address so that I could personally thank him but I have not heard back yet.
            Frank

Thanks! Looks very conventional.

... Marc

Comment

Working...
            X