Event help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event help!

I have an event to announce that the door is open and the heat is on. How do I have HS turn the heat off after the door and heat are both on for a given amount of time? I cannot time just the door because the door may already be open when the heat is turned on. I'm afraid I just don't understand timers in HS. It was alot simpler with HAL. Thanks for any advise.

It will be a conditional:

Condition:

If heat is "on" AND

Door "Change to off"

Action:

what ever

try that...
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Here's what Rotech was talking about. select conditional, add device condition, select the door/thermostat device, select "has been on for at least" or "has been on for exactly" and there ya go!
      Attached Files
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Thanks guys, I have gotten that far, my problem is I want to shut off the furnace two minutes after the warning. I can do "if the door is open for X minutes" but I cannot time the furnace. It's either when the heat on or heat off, so if the heat is turned on when the door is already open it will not work.

Comment

you should be able to use a "wait" action in the event action area, then do the shut furnace off after the wait action.
          Plugins:
          BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Thanks, That won't work however, because if the door is closed after the warning is given, the furnace will still shut off. I somehow have to delay not the action, but the testing of the door / furnace conditions.

Comment

you could create a seperate event that cancels the "main event" (cancel event" is an event action option). this seperate event would be triggered by the door shutting.

in fact, this cancelling event could only be enabled when the main event triggers, then disabled after it runs, if need be.
              Plugins:

Comment

Working...
              X