Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What spikes the HS Process CPU every 1 minute exactly

I am using HS 2.2.0.77.

I am noticing every 1 minute exactly (on the 0 second mark) the HomeSeer CPU usage jumps up as high as 50-64% for only a couple seconds but it happens every 1 minute exactly (right on 0 seconds of the minute).

Now I thought it was a plugin so I disabled all plugins in HS and then restarted. Every minute I still see the CPU jump but not as high (maybe 14-20%). Then I added back the ACRF2 plugin. Then the cpu jumped to 50-64% every 1 minute. I then added back another plugin and it jumped to the same percentage again. So it seems to have something to do with plugins in HS but not the plugin itself.

Can one of the HST guys tell me what would be running every minute exactly in the HS threads? Is it something to do with keeping an eye on the plugins? I am trying to find out why it is jumping so high. Other than it jumping to 50-64% every 1 minute exactly, my CPU usage only goes as high as 6% maybe once every 30 minutes.

Is anyone else seeing this?
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

I thought I read somewhere that HS evaluates events every minute.
    It could be that some event conditions are being evaluated causing the spike - do you have some 'busy' events with lots of conditions, etc?
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I still need to know why the CPU goes so high when doing this, if this is the cause.

It should not take this much CPU, plus I am seeing it when only the ACRF2 plugin was enabled and it has no events associated to it.
      There is definitely something using too much CPU every 1 minute.
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

True - maybe the HST guys will chime-in with some definitive answer.
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I thought it was when HS evaluates conditions, and checks to see if any events fire on a condition.

I'll have to check out my system to see if I'm getting a spike that big though.

I do notice that my house likes to stutter lately when TTS. It doesn't happen always, but maybe it's one the 0 second mark of a new minute. I'll have to check that out.
          Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Working...
          X