Guest replied
    Script Connector

This looks like what I'm after. Thanks!

Randy

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    sorry - missed that part...

In that case, search the forums here for "Script Connector". I have not used it personally, but it might have something that would work for you.

Leave a comment:

• rpeck
    Guest replied
    Launch remote app from HomeSeer?

Thanks for the reply, but did you understand that I'm trying to use HS which is running on a server to launch applications which are running on *remote* PCs on my LAN? I don't follow how AutoIt can help me do this.

HS is able to execute media player commands on remote PCs via the Speaker client (such as say the words "Front Door Opened" when the security system detects a contact closure.) I'd like something along those lines, but to run a command rather than play a sound.

Thanks.

Randy

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    I've used AutoIt to launch browsers from HS.
    Check out www.autoitscript.com

Leave a comment:

• rpeck
    Guest started a topic Launch remote app from HomeSeer?

Launch remote app from HomeSeer?

I'd like my HomeSeer server (HS Pro) to launch applications on remote PCs on my network. Much like I can tell HomeSeer to play a wav file on those computers (via the Speaker client), I want it to have the local machine launch an application.

In my case, I want to launch Internet Explorer with a command line parameter to bring up the view to my DVR cameras (not IP cameras) on all machines on my network (typically all machines running the Speaker client) when my doorbell button is pressed.

If I could tell the Speaker client to launch a particular .exe that would be ideal, but it seems that I can only tell it to play sounds or speak.

Is there a straightforward way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Randy
Working...
X