"Temperature" InfraRed commands for an air conditioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Temperature" InfraRed commands for an air conditioner

I would like to make my IR controlled air conditioner as a part of my automated system and be able to turn it on/off and change temperature from HS interface. I also have 1-wire sensors in key areas of the house so I can set conditions based on the temperature readings.

I understand that I would need a plugin and an IR interface/transmitter.
    <O</O
    How do you think I can if the AC IR remote control has only two buttons for temperature change to go Up/Down one degree at a time?
    Is there a way to pre-program the IR interface for every temperature individually or will I be limited to just two commands (one step up/one step down)?
    <O</O
    Thank you, Alex

You would have to learn the up and down commands and issue them one at a time. The problem is keeping track of the temps.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thank you. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
      I was afraid of that answer. Could you please recommend me hardware/plugin for this simple task: to enable HS sending just four commands to my AC (they are: On, Off, Up, Down). The HS computer is about 40 feet from the spot where I would install IR transmitter. <o></o>
      (I tried to read the forum myself but the more I did the more I got confused about hardware/plugin choice).<o></o>
      Alex <o></o>

Comment

I personally use an Ocelot and the free Ocelot HomeSeer plugin but it may be overkill for just IR. Many users use the USB-UIRT or IRTrans hardware as well. I'm not familiar with these so you may need to do more investigation on these as far as price and plugins go.

Comment

You can get the USB-UIRT directly from www.usbuirt.com and they cost about $50.
          The Win98, WinME, Win2K, WinXP and Vista drivers are downloadable here www.usbuirt.com/support.htm.
          The HS plugin is installed from the updater and its free.
          Best regards,
          -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
          Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Here's a free one if you act quickly. http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=131832

Comment

Rupp, thank you for the link (I replied, will see what happens).
              I looked through our forum in search of information about UIRT and it looks like, technically, this is the device I need (it has a jack for external transmitter and it is relatively cheap).
              There could be some problems though - with getting it to learn codes for modern AC split systems (I have Sanyo). This tread shows that at least one person was able to get it working.
              Thanks again, Alex

Comment

Working...
              X