This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-wave usb stick and inclusion Controller

Does anyone know about this USB Z-wave stick that has the ability to be taken to the device and used to include/remove the device from the network?
    Is it compatible with HomeSeer?

http://shop.micasaverde.com/index.ph...roducts_id=151

After being away for a couple of years...

This seems to compete with Homeseer's USB stick. But the inclusion feature seems like a feature worth having - kinda like the Ztroller without the display. Or does Homeseer's stick learn of the Z-wave devices differently?

Well I haven't upgraded my HA system for a couple of years, nor my software (I'm still running 1.7 since Homeseer states that my Dell Pentium II laptop [running 24/7 since 1999 !!!] won't run HS2). Since I happened to catch the announcement that this is the last month to upgrade to HS2, I've purchased the new version and may now have to upgrade my "server" (or even go with the Hometroller) and try to catch up with all you guys.

Since it looks like Z-wave is finally worth checking out now, I repeat the question - will Homeseer soon be compatible with the VERA USB dongle, which is already compatible with the Z-wave door locks?

Comment

Originally posted by ameridan View Post
      This seems to compete with Homeseer's USB stick. But the inclusion feature seems like a feature worth having - kinda like the Ztroller without the display. Or does Homeseer's stick learn of the Z-wave devices differently?

Well I haven't upgraded my HA system for a couple of years, nor my software (I'm still running 1.7 since Homeseer states that my Dell Pentium II laptop [running 24/7 since 1999 !!!] won't run HS2). Since I happened to catch the announcement that this is the last month to upgrade to HS2, I've purchased the new version and may now have to upgrade my "server" (or even go with the Hometroller) and try to catch up with all you guys.

Since it looks like Z-wave is finally worth checking out now, I repeat the question - will Homeseer soon be compatible with the VERA USB dongle, which is already compatible with the Z-wave door locks?
      This is probably a question for Rich and the guys. I would recommend putting in a help desk ticket on this.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi Rupp!!

I think you were at 17,000+ posts last time I was replying in these forums. Looks like Homeseer hired you!

Since Kirby has been waiting for an answer since November, I'm hoping my post will prompt Rich to respond to my generic question(s) in this message board (he always used to). Isn't the help desk for solving specific problems?

Or macromark could update his PC controllers chart to include this device perhaps.

Thx
        -Dan

Comment

Dan,
          Rich, Rick, and crew do not have the time to visit the message board like they used to so if you want to ensure you get an answer a help desk ticket will get you an answer. Even the help desk tickets take a while as they are just really busy these days. In the mean time I can see if I can get Marks attention to get you an answer.

Comment

FYI - Vera does ship with a 5.02 dongle, however, Zensys's code doesn't contain the key encryption. The use the FOSS AES Library on Vera. You have to do a power inclusion which means you have to bring VERA and the Dongle within 3 feet of the lock. Once its included Vera handles the lock like the Schlage Bridge.

Comment

Be Careful

Originally posted by Kirby View Post
              Does anyone know about this USB Z-wave stick that has the ability to be taken to the device and used to include/remove the device from the network?
              Is it compatible with HomeSeer?

http://shop.micasaverde.com/index.ph...roducts_id=151
              The company that makes that stick contacted us some time ago to see if we had an interest in carrying it... and we did... until we learned it is not field upgradable. As such, it will become obsolete as soon as the next Zensys firmware is released... just like the now obsolete (but still available) Intermatic HA22. The company has promised to contact us again when they have a field upgradable unit.

FYI - We have the 5.02 firmware code for the SmartStick and will be testing it fairly soon.

Comment

Thank you for the reply Mark. That was the kind of feedback I needed. The other question I had - does Homeseer's stick learn of the Z-wave devices (inclusion feature)?

Comment

Our Z-Troller is a self-contained inclusion device. The SmartStick is not. However, if purchase our SmartStick and add the "Z-Tool" software for an extra $10, you can use that combination with a laptop computer for inclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                    Our Z-Troller is a self-contained inclusion device. The SmartStick is not. However, if purchase our SmartStick and add the "Z-Tool" software for an extra $10, you can use that combination with a laptop computer for inclusion.
                    That's how I do it and it works extremely well. For some time I was using a seperate desktop system as the HS computer and used the laptop with Z-Tool. Now I have the laptop as the HS computer and can also use HS itself to do the inclusion. I then just snap the laptop back in the docking station and... happy days! Having Z-Seer on the same system allows for additional optimization and validation of node/mesh connectivity.

Comment

The company that makes that stick contacted us some time ago to see if we had an interest in carrying it... and we did... until we learned it is not field upgradable. As such, it will become obsolete as soon as the next Zensys firmware is released... just like the now obsolete (but still available) Intermatic HA22. The company has promised to contact us again when they have a field upgradable unit.

FYI - We have the 5.02 firmware code for the SmartStick and will be testing it fairly soon.
                      Can your Zwave stick add a lock, even through the software of the controller?

If not whats the point of upgrade if there is nothing to upgrade too.

those guys at Micasa got that lock to work in beta in record time.
                      They have support for the HSM 100, Intermatic Ca3750 as two relays!, SUC/SIS, Cooper 5 button wall controller, Leviton 4 button, Battery level of all the Battery operated devices. With that little bitty non upgradable USB stick. Not too shabby.....And it only uses like 5 watts to run.

Yea I know It only does Zwave.

If you need the other stuff go with HS

Comment

Originally posted by sparky101 View Post
                        Can your Zwave stick add a lock, even through the software of the controller?

If not whats the point of upgrade if there is nothing to upgrade too.
                        It time stands still and no other updates become available, then you're right.. there will be no reason to upgrade. However (FYI), Zensys has just released a beta for a new firmware version and we'll be testing that soon.

They have support for the HSM 100,
                        We know. We provided them with the hardware and the SDK
                        Intermatic Ca3750 as two relays!
                        The CA3750 is no longer in production and was sold out at the factory months ago.

Yea I know It only does Zwave.

If you need the other stuff go with HS
                        Thanks. Hopefully, we're still a good choice for some folks, even if they only need Z-Wave too.

Comment

It time stands still and no other updates become available, then you're right.. there will be no reason to upgrade. However (FYI), Zensys has just released a beta for a new firmware version and we'll be testing that soon.

We know. We provided them with the hardware and the SDKThe CA3750 is no longer in production and was sold out at the factory months ago.

Thanks. Hopefully, we're still a good choice for some folks, even if they only need Z-Wave too.
                          Mark is there a reason You are busting my chops.

Yes you did give them the SDK but that was for the new verison of the HSM100 there are old ones out there. I gave them the SDK and a older HSM 100 . They had it working in couple of hours.

The CA3750 yes may have been discontinued by Intermatic but somone else is likely to pick up the device. I can still get some. some people have these out there I don't know did HS ever update to allow individual control of the relays?

Oh and I also forgot can your USB stick support the door lock with a firmware upgrade and do all the stuff that the AEON labs stick does now?

Comment

Working...
                          X