Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I use hotmail??

Help!!
    I'm going to drop my current isp & then will lose my current email server.
    Can you use Hotmail,yahoo,gmail etc. with HS & if so, how on earth do you set it up ?
    I've been messing with it for a while & give up !!!
    Don't know mapi from smtp, so be gentle.
    Need the help of all you smart folks
    Thanks
    Paul

gmail, all the way. supports pop3, works w/HS, Johns email thing, yada yada. I love gmail.
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

I belive hotmail will only except mail when servers that provide reverse PTR and SFP (sender policy framework). They are trying to thwart off the spammers as I am...
      You could test this out using a telnet session (smtp dialog) to one of their mail servers.
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

that must be why my hotmail account wasn't accepting emails from my pop3 account. i contacted my isp, they suggested i go to gmail, cuz they didn't want to mess with compliance w/M$. go figure.

i love gmail. i still use hotmail, but i do like gmail better. does hotmail work w/HS?
        Plugins:
        BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Thanks guys,
          I set up gmail, and after several tries got this error:

Sending email using SMTP: The server rejected the sender address. The server response was: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. k29sm4847295qba.7

What on earth does that mean???
          Paul

Comment

I have run in the past a program called Hotmail Popper.
            It creates a local email server on your PC that talks to Hotmail.
            So you set the SMTP/POP server as LOCALHOST and that program takes care of the rest.

~Bill

Comment

I had forgotten, I use a program called stunnel to bridge between HS and gmail. info here

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=787028

search gmail, though, cuz i've heard murmerings of people using it with Jon00's email script, i don't know how, though.

Ian
              Plugins:

Comment

Originally posted by Pnord View Post
                Thanks guys,
                I set up gmail, and after several tries got this error:

Sending email using SMTP: The server rejected the sender address. The server response was: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first. k29sm4847295qba.7

What on earth does that mean???
                Paul
                Google man, Google:
                http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...l&answer=12103

http://groups.google.com/group/Gmail...6749360127e5d2

To use Gmail you have to have HomeSeer checking your email with Outlook or Outlook Express. It takes too much fancy stuff to make HS talk to Gmail directly.

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
                  I had forgotten, I use a program called stunnel to bridge between HS and gmail. info here

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=787028

search gmail, though, cuz i've heard murmerings of people using it with Jon00's email script, i don't know how, though.

Ian
                  Why you messing around on the internet?
                  Don't you have a congregation to go torture?

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
                    Why you messing around on the internet?
                    Don't you have a congregation to go torture?
                    Since it's the Sabbath, he's got the day off.
                    Marty
                    ------
                    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

My house just sent me a text via gmail !!!!!!
                      Just in time too, as my wife has a long honey do list for today.
                      Thanks
                      Paul

Comment

I could use a page out of your book, here it's always me who get that list.
                        Marty
                        ------
                        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                          Since it's the Sabbath, he's got the day off.
                          LOL. You guys are too much! Bill...I get all my good material from this board

As to Sabbath, that's technically Saturday, which is good, cuz then i can sit around all day watching TV and eating Bon-bons. Sunday, being "The Lord's Day" is not really a day off, what with being the first one there, last one to leave, and back in the saddle again to do Bible Study in the evening. at least I get to root for my Raiders in between!

Or, I could take the quote, "find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life." I love my "job." I look forward to Sunday all week!

Anyway, back to watching them sling the pigskin around.
                          Plugins:

Comment

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
                            gmail, all the way. supports pop3, works w/HS, Johns email thing, yada yada. I love gmail.
                            Gmail has one incredible drawback in my opinion that will always make it second-class to a true full-service email system: you can't receive a .zip file attachment with it (along with some other file extensions). If you don't need that, then of course it doesn't matter.

You definitely can't argue with the price.

Comment

according to this link

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/...d6_attachment3

you can, if it meets these three criteria (pasted from the link):

Gmail allows you to send and receive zipped attachments, as long as they meet three conditions:

They don't contain executable files.
                              They are less than the maximum attachment size.
                              They are not password-protected or encrypted.
                              Plugins:

Comment

Working...
                              X