Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delete old file and directories

Folks,

I've used a utility to delete old files which are older than n days. I have some scripts which create backup directories with their date suffixed in the name each day. In trying to maintain disk space, I was hoping to use delold.exe or forfiles.exe utiltities to remove all the older folders and files to no avail.
    Can anyone make a suggestion on how to do this?

Thanks in advance

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

It is pretty easy to do this manually with Windows explorer. Just do a search for *Nov*.log to find all November files (or use 11 if that is how the files are named), when the search is completed, select all, then delete or send to recycle.

This is probably faster than trying to find a script or program to do the same thing.

Steve Q
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

Well perhaps. But this needs to run automatically as a batch. I found xdel and seem to think I can call it via a script.
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
      X