Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant open com port

when i try to open it with the line that worked in 2.2.66 i get this:

11/23/2008 9:19:16 PM - Error - In OpenComPort, error opening port: Unable to obtain a handle to the COM port

i am using tis lineL hs.OpenComPort 1,"9600,N,8,1",0,"",""

am i missing a dll?
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
    when i try to open it with the line that worked in 2.2.66 i get this:

11/23/2008 9:19:16 PM - Error - In OpenComPort, error opening port: Unable to obtain a handle to the COM port

i am using tis lineL hs.OpenComPort 1,"9600,N,8,1",0,"",""

am i missing a dll?
    No dll's missing, so its either open already by another program, there are a few com port monitors around that will show you who/what is using the port (search on here, I asked that a while ago, and got an answer).

Or... you could try...

hs.OpenComPort (1,"9600,N,8,1",0,"","")

Not sure if the ( ) make any difference...

David
    ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

You could try to put a CloseComPort 1 statement followed by a short pause and then your open statement to see if the port may already be open. (You might have to reboot to get whatever other app opened the port to work again, however.)
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
      X