Ligth event mystery??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ligth event mystery??

I have a event that turns on a bathroom light 40% between the hours of 12AM to 5:30AM (that works fine). I then have another event that turns on the same ligth "on" (which should be 100%) between 5:31AM to 11:59PM.

The mystery is that during the nigth, the light turns on 40% as programmed, but When its in between 5:31AM to 11:59PM and when it turned on for the first time at 100% (on), it turns on 40%. To correct this I have to manually dim it up to 100% then it keeps on working fine.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

I had a few leviton x10 switches that had the "remember last level" feature in them. It was nice way back when, when I was using just wall controllers or palm-pads as my control. When I switched to computer based they were giving me a lot of grief until I realized that anytime I sent a command I needed to do it by dim value. If i didn't do it that way someone dimming locally would get things off and the switch remembered the last dim level and if I only sent an "on" command it came on, but to the last level.

Perhaps your switch has a similar "remember last level" feature?
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

My switches are zwave, I would have to investigate, thanks for the tip.
      Hector
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
        Perhaps your switch has a similar "remember last level" feature?
        If that's the case, instead of turning the light "ON' between 5:31am and 11:59pm, use the "bright 100% command". That worked for me in a similar situation.
        Dick
        HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Ive been using that method for some time, but I would like to know why a "on" command wont take the light 100%? Ive checked the zwave config. but it does not have a "remember last level" function.
          Hector
          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

all my zwave and x10 dimmers act that way. If i dim it to 50%, turn it off and then turn it on, it comes on to 50%, whether it be by HS or by local control. I actually prefer it that way because except in special cases I almost never turn my lights on to full brightness. Since I am not ready to throw out my beloved, wonderful, don't give me a headache incandescents. I save a little by normally using a max of 75-80 brightness but usually 60%ish. By use of variables and time based conditions and having a very predictable routine lifestyle, a schedule like this works 95% of the time. By using events based on conditions and variables, I can reset the lights to the proper brightness the next time it is turned on depending on time of day
            Over The Hill
            What Hill?
            Where?
            When?
            I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Thanks Jack, for your feed back.
              Hector
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
              X