Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

itunes hookup

Hi-
    Just moved to a new place so am not really set up and wired at the moment- Last system I set up was hooked up to rain guage, temp and wind indicators, and used to handle sprinkler system for small farm- As such I have some basic experience with HS but am by no means very experienced with this.

Just moved into a new place and would like to integrate HS more within the overall house setup as I am pretty much rebuilding this house. One of the main things I would like to do is control Itunes and the 2000 or so songs in that library from touch screens around the house-( It doesn't matter that I only listen to 10 or 20 of those songs in real life.:=) )
    So-what advice would there be from some of the more frequent users-

Was thinking of getting a mac mini and planting that in a wall somewhere as the storage location for itunes and future HS directives( Lights, H20 recirc Pump, irrigation, etc)- I envision some sort of wall mounted touch screen , 6" x 8" in size or so as well as 1 or two remote touch screen stations depending on price of the screens themselves.

Problem I had on last set-up was that computer had to be on 24/7. SOmetimes noisy, after electricity outages no autoimatic reboot etc.

Any input pointing me to relevant threadfs or products would be appreciated-

Regards-

Karl

HomeSeer is designed from the ground up to be ran on an always on PC. Using HomeSeer, the iTunes plugin, and the new HSTouch interface will allow you to design a nice touch screen interface to your library.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Sadly I have almost 10k songs and probably listen to about 100. Shuffle mode can be fun as you can go from something like Old Man (Neil Young) to Pimsleur's French II - Disk 3.

I'd love to be able to do the same thing but I'd want to pump the music through my whole house audio system. I'm guessing the plug-in would only play through the PC I'm running the plug-in on. Is there some way to link it all into my Speakercraft-driven audio distribution system?

Comment

Depending on model and If you have a source available, is there any reason you can't use the HS server as one of your input sources?
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
          Depending on model and If you have a source available, is there any reason you can't use the HS server as one of your input sources?
          Hi Marty!
          I have the MCZ-66 multi-zone controller and their MODE controllers all around the house. I also have 2 iPod docks so that I can access all my music. What I can't do - is come home from work and have the motion detector in the garage turn on my favorite playlist in the house when I walk in. I guess what I'm looking for is the ability to have the power of HS event handling with the ability to trigger audio playback in the different zones in my house. Not sure it's possible without some kind of Speakercraft plug-in (like others have done for Russound).

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Want2BACustomer View Post
            Hi Marty!
            I have the MCZ-66 multi-zone controller and their MODE controllers all around the house. I also have 2 iPod docks so that I can access all my music. What I can't do - is come home from work and have the motion detector in the garage turn on my favorite playlist in the house when I walk in. I guess what I'm looking for is the ability to have the power of HS event handling with the ability to trigger audio playback in the different zones in my house. Not sure it's possible without some kind of Speakercraft plug-in (like others have done for Russound).

Thanks!
            I'm not aware of a plugin for the Speakercraft systems however, the main unit is IR controllable. If you have HS setup with IR control you should be able, with a little effort, get a work around going to make that event function. You should be able to get it to play a playlist in a zone or two with an event.
            Marty
            ------
            XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
            Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Is there a speakercraft plugin around for HS3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use:
                Spud iTunes DAAP Software Plug-in for HS3
                Lutron Caseta Software Plug-in for HS3
                Lutron PJ2-3BRL-GWH-A02 Pico Remote Control for Audio, Sonos Endorsed Integration

It always plays a Smart Playlist that will only play songs that either have been played more then 3 times on shuffle. It works very well, I use 2 plugins to restart the iTunes HomeSeer plugin and the iTunes player everyday at 2:30am, it solves a lot of issues.
                Last edited by HS14; August 9, 2017, 10:32 AM. Reason: Links

Comment

Working...
                X