Remote login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote login

Each time I try remote access i am able to perform say one function then I get locked out for 30 minutes, here's the log entry

IP Address **.***.***.*** has been blocked from further access to the system.

HS 2.3

Any advice please.

thanks

Mike

I have been setting up HS 2.3 and after a few wrong login passwords (more then 3 times) I get the same message and am totaly blocked on the specific IP adress. That is my own IP adres Wan adres. Where can I remove that block.

Comment

Mr

I seem to remember this being asked for as people were seeing multiple attacks..

Not sure if you can configure it in any way,

TrOjAn

Comment

We did ask for it. What we didn't ask for was a way to turn the function off. I also remember HST originally opposing the idea.
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Here's the description from the delivery notes when this "stuff" was added:
          New IP Blocking feature - attempts to access the web server that fail a number of times within a time period between attemtps are blocked from further access to the system for a period of time.
          Settings may be added to the IPBlock section of HomeSeer's settings.ini file to change the default parameters:
          Parameter: FailCount Default: 3 Description: The number of failed login attempts within the set time period before IP Blocking is enabled.
          Parameter: FailInterval Default: 10 Description: The interval between failed login attempts to be counted toward IP Blocking - value is in seconds. A setting of 10 seconds with a failure count of 3 means that 3 failures 10 seconds or less apart will trigger IP Blocking.
          Parameter: BlockTime Default: 30 Description: If an IP address is blocked, this is the period of time it will be blocked from access to the system - value is in minutes.
          In the form of :
          [IPBlock]
          FailCount=3
          FailInterval=10
          BlockTime=2
          add to your settings.ini file
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

I cannot seem to find the "IPBlock" section in the settings.ini (running HS 2.3.0.60) nor in the webinterface.

There's also no reference to these settings in the web-based help.

Did I miss something?

DJ

Comment

You need to add it manually.
              Jon

Comment

Working...
              X