Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice in how to install DSA10 magnet contact.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice in how to install DSA10 magnet contact.

OK, I know what your going to say, "thats not rigth" Yea, I known that why I want your opinion in how to resolve this. I know that the contacts have to be side by side but how do I achieve this w/this type of door installation. I pretty sure Iam not the only one the a problem like this... If you can post a pic. I will appreciate it.
    Attached Files
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Operationally that will work just fine. They don't have to be side by side to function, just close together when you want the circuit closed. How you put them in has more to do with aesthetics and what the wife will stand.

If you moved them up to the top and tucked it under a bit it would be less noticable. It looks like you'd need a little spacer for the magnet section to get it close enough to the door jam to work but that's easy enough. You could also space out the contact and mount the magnet on the door instead, that might be a better idea.
    Attached Files
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I just turned the one on the door so it is facing the way it should. I attached it with the double back foam tape that is supplied with the dsa10. For a neater look you could replace their magnet with a rare earth magnet.
      John

Comment

Thanks guys for all the input. Iam not really worried about the looks, what Iam worried is the functionality. Ive been experimenting lost signals lately.
        Hector
        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I use an Event, yes I did say Event.

When I am installing a DS10 I set it up in HomeSeer before installing the unit. I have an event which is set to the house/unit code that the DS10 is going to use which when it receives an ON announces over all speakers " The Unit is closed", likewise if it receives an OFF it will announce that.

I then secure the transmitter part and can move the magnet about by hand to determine it's range using the announcements. One happy I screw the magnet on.

This has allowed me to have windows open to the first latch, so to speak, and still show as being closed. Open any further and they trigger.
          sigpic
          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Working...
          X