Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ademco Vista ICM plugin

Chris,

Installed the ICM (thanks for your earlier advice) and the plugin, and everything is communicating properly.

But I'm seeing two problems:
    1. I don't think the plugin is keeping up with the flow of communications on the Ademco keypad bus. For example - if I open a door, the Ademco keypad instantly sees the fault, but the plugin does not seem to recognize it.
    2. The parsing of the messages by the plugin doesn't always seem to be right - and I'm assuming this will affect the status or value of the devices, and therefore any scripts that are triggered by status or value changes.

For example, I have a device called "West Entry Door". The vistaicm_messages.log file shows a command received as follows:
    FAULT 10 WEST ENTRY DOOR
    and then later, another message shows as:
    FAULT 10 WEST Ready to Arm
    Looks like what happened is that the plugin missed the "Entry door" text and incorrectly assumed that the "Ready to Arm" text was part of the device name. Or something like that.
    Would it make it easier for the plugin to operate if the device names in the plugin config were EXACTLY the same as the device names programmed into the Ademco panel? If they were, the plugin would know that "West Entry Door" was the full device name, and it could wait for the full name before processing the next command.

By the way - I'm not trying to tell you how to program this - I'm not even a programmer. I think integration with security panels is incredibly important, and want to thank you for doing this - it's what I (and I suspect many others) have been waiting for for a long time.
Working...
X