Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK Support and modem availability

Hi all.

I'm trying to locate a usb or serial modem that's supported in Homeseer and works with the caller id system in the UK. Has anyone recently managed to get hold of one in the UK, if so where from?

Many Thanks

A few of us managed to get the Way2Call units in the UK from an eBay seller... I also have the HAL pci modem which worked until I changed to the Way2Call

You just have to keep looking... good luck

TrOjAn

Comment

I have both the Way2call and HS PCI modem and both give CID with minimal fuss. The Way2call is probably more accurate, as the PCI will miss one ever so often.

If you are not bothered about the HS Phone extensions, then the Zoom 3025 modem (connextant chip set) works very well with the likes of YAC - so its a very good alternaive.

YacSeer is really good, and support is excellent - well worth getting into.

I have a spare Way2call and HS PCI, so watch Ebay as they will be on there soon.

David
      ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Are you going to use the modems capabilities apart from CID, because if you are not, then Meteor works very well with HS using the DAS plugin. Also the HS modem V2 supports UK CID.
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Hi guys thanks for your feed back. I'm only going to use the caller id function so I may take a look at some of the basic modems you have mentioned.

Thanks again

David

Comment

Working...
          X