which best appliance module?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which best appliance module?

I want to plug in my home theatre power strip to an appliance module so I can shut down during non-use times... its not used every day, and there is a lcd tv, dvd, sat box, audio amp and a subwoofer... what is best module to use? i run HS with x10 (or insteon) and zwave. suggestions?
    HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

If you want an appliance module I like the ZRP100 it is the only module at this point that has a pass-thru so you don't lose the outlet. Another option is to put a controlled receptacle in - there are the HA01C, ZRR150 and the CA3500 in the Z-Wave Realm - HA01C and ZRR150 are top-controlled and the CA3500 is bottom-controlled.

Comment

Make sure you get a module that is rated for the load you are controlling. all that stuff probably draws over 5 amps. Something like the smarthome 2456S3 which can handle 15 amps should work just fine.

let me ask a question, are you sure cutting power to the devices isn't going to reset them back to factory defaults?

and when you cut the module back on, you are going to have a long startup time for everything to reboot (sat box especially)
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

good point. well maybe i will keep the sat box on, and kill the dvd, vhs, audio amp and tv and subwoofer. those shouldnt reboot, should they?
        HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

The VCR and tv may lose their time. The sub and amp should be fine.

You may want to get a kilowatt meter to see how much all the devices draw before going down the app module route.
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

boy, try to save some energy and you get into all these issues.....

Comment

I kill my 'non essentials' (HS Server, Router/Switch, Cable Modem are the only things left on 24x7) when i'm not using them, the TV, Cable Box, Amp, DVD Player, Media Centre PC and XBox (which uses 20Kwh a year in standby alone) for me all added up to between 50-60w an hour when not in use, whilst it won't put a power station out of business, if I don't use them for 24hrs I save 1.2KW which all adds up when the bill comes...I use an X10 WS10 but it's unique to the UK - I would imagine any X10 appliance module, as long as its rated for the total current would be up to the job.

Comment

Working...
              X