Newbie CID question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie CID question

I have my CID info in a device (s10) and I would like to have it announced at just some of my speaker clients. How would I do that?

I can create an event to speak but when I say speak s10 it just says s10 instead of the CID.

Is there a replacement variable for CID info?

Thanks

To speak to a particular Speaker client:
    hs.speak hs.devicestring("s10"),0,host:instance < see online help on this >
    or to speak to all:
    hs.speak hs.devicestring("s10")
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Thanks for your reply,

I tried the statement but it seems to play on all of the speakers not just the one instance.

also the log seems to have this error

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Running script statement immediately: &hs.speak hs.devicestring("s10"),0,IBM_LENOVO:Laptop</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>12/28/2008 11:27:46 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Info </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Speak ():International is calling at 12/28/2008 11:27:46 AM from O</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>12/28/2008 11:27:46 AM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Error </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Running script, init error: Syntax error</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

There'a an example in the HS help files:
        http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer...edia_speak.htm
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp:

Thanks for your reply, I have followed the example you cited but despite the fact that I try to speak out of only 1 instance all my speaker clients speak.

I used the following statement

hs.speak hs.devicestring("s10"),0,IBM_LENOVO,laptop

but my other instances ( some on IBM_LENOVO as well as on default) all seem to speak.

Comment

Working...
          X