Logging device status not commanded from HS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logging device status not commanded from HS

I have installed a couple dozen Z-wave devices and have them running under events (ViziaRF light switches, applicance modules mostly).

My question is, I want to be able to log device status not commanded from HS for example:
    1) A light switch that is turned on at the switch not by HS
    2) Status changes for devices like the hawking HRDS1

Is there a plug-in that does the above?

I did some searching and found some posts on UltraLog amd DooMotion but it was not clear whether they were capable of completing this task and whether one, both, or others are required.

Ultimately down the road I want to be able to display this data on a web page accessible within the home network.

The easiest way to do this is to set up an event thats trigger is these devices going on or off, etc. The write a simply script to writes a new line to a text file showing the changes.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

If HS is aware of the device changing remotely then it will provide a callback to plugins that are registered for such. mcsTemperature does, mcsXap does, and I suspect DooMotion and UltraLog do register as well.

Comment

Thanks for your comments guys I will work away at it.
        Thanks again.

Comment

Is HS capable of telling apart manual and pre-programmed actions?

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          If HS is aware of the device changing remotely then it will provide a callback...
          Hi, Michael. Could you please explain this?
          Is HS capable to somehow determine if action was triggered by physical switch flip or by HS?
          I would like to set up an event that would trigger not just because of the device status change but also if the change was done manually (a flip), ie was not originated from the HS or plug-ins.
          Thanks, Alex
          PS- Hardware I use: Leviton Switch with instant status associated with HS

Comment

Working...
          X