Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems adding device

Hello,

I am new to Homeseer and home automation in general. I have the Insteon 2414U PLC and a lamplinc. I could not add the device at first using the tap-link method as well as the device ID method. After about 4-5 tries with the device ID method it finally worked and reported 78% communication. The rest of the day, I was able to control that lamp. Next day, I come home and the lamp no longer responds to the commands I give it in Homeseer. I decide to delete the device and try re-adding it but now I can't even get it to add successfully after several tries.

Any thoughts?

Also random newbie question! After reading the boards for awhile it seems that the general opinion is that the PLM is better than the PLC usb. But I don't quite understand how the PLM communicates with the computer. In the photos of the PLM on the smart home website I see an ethernet jack? How is this connected to the computer?

Thanks!

"Generally" when you can't tap add it indicates that your communications on the powerline isn't clean and strong. Do you have your signal links plugged in and working correctly? Are you running the latest version of HS which is 2.3.0.19. Are you running the latest Insteon PLC plugin from the HomeSeer updater?

The PLM connects to the automation PC using a serial cable rather than the USB.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Also, do you have 2 Access Points. I had same problems and even with the recommendations from Smarthome, could not get the PLC to work in my house. I got them to exchange the PLC for a PLM and glad I did! My problems were resolved. I think using the PLC is problematic. I was told it is older technology and may try to do to many things, none of them well.

Comment

Working...
      X