Logitech Harmony (885) and HomeSeer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logitech Harmony (885) and HomeSeer

I've just bought a Logitech Harmony 885 remote control and I'm loving it. However, I was wondering if it possible to let this remote control the lights aswell.

I see that the remote can be set up to control X10 (using "X10 Wireless" or something) and I have an USB-UIRT device connected to the HomeSeer server.

Has anybody done this?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

I have an 885 and been thinking the same too, I read that part of the problem lies with Logitech who control which devices are supported by their remotes via the online configuration tool. Some guys over at Plex http://elan.plexapp.com (Mac media centre) managed to work with Logitech to get their product added to the supported device list. The other part of the puzzle is how you would integrate it into HS.

Comment

Guys

Assuming the remote is "x10 wireless" then a cheap MR26 or RFXCOM will pick this up (as it does my UR76 remotes) and show as devices.

The device value is the button pressed if it supports ATI with RFXCOM, or if it is just x10, then its housecode/devicecode as normal.

David
      ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

how does the rfxcom recognize it? how do i synch up?
        HS3 , Zwave, HometrollerS6, ELK M1G Ultra; mcs sprinklers; WGL800; BLRF; BLNetCallerID; BLSpeech

Comment

Originally posted by Bestgear View Post
          Assuming the remote is "x10 wireless" then a cheap MR26 or RFXCOM will pick this up (as it does my UR76 remotes) and show as devices.
          That's a big if, and I haven't figured it out if it does.
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Working...
          X