Anyone using Russound A-C560 Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using Russound A-C560 Kit

I am interested in this unit but had a few questions on IR and RS232 - anyone here have one? using it in Homeseer?

Jon

I haven't gotten my hands on one yet but it does look like a sweet little unit. Reasonably priced with lots of features the former ABus units didn't have.
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Yeah, I was looking at the CAV6.6 but my house is already wired with 6 ABUS (I have the OnQ LyriQ). I am looking to change as there is no way to manage zones with OnQ other than local IR.

My questions on the Russound is can the controller switch on and off zones and change sources at the controll unit - and therefore controllable via IR from homeseer.

Secondly, the instruction manual seems to imply the RS232 port is for upgrades only, it doesn't explicitly say that you can't integrate via RS232 but it words the port differently to the same function in the CAV6.6 manual.

If I knew that I could control the zones and sources via IR from HS then I think I would go for one of these.

Jon

Comment

Working...
      X