Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to manage a 2 ways X10 module with HS

Hello,
    I just developped an appliance module with 2 ways. It works fine with HS, but I'd like to manage my module like this :

Ex : Module address : A1
    I clik on "ON" in device status, HS sends by CM11 A1 ON, then waits for aknowledgement of module (module replies on sending A1 "status on" to HS). HS displays then the real "ON" state on device status. If no acknowledgement received after a few seconds, HS displays "unknown status" or "error".
    Is there a device existing in the list working like this in interface with HS ??
    If not, would it be possible to write a specific plugin ??

Thanks a lot for your help !
    Christian

Hello Christian,

To my knowledge there are no HS devices that will function in the way you wish. Fortunately, HS provides many ways to extend it's capabilities!

Yes, a plugin could be written to provide the functionality you desire. Is it safe to assume that you have some programming skills since you built your own X10 device? If so, it should not be too difficult to start with the plugin template provided in the HS SDK (located on the updater) and add your logic to it. There a many folks here on the board who have written plugins and are more than willing to provide assistance if you need help along the way.
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

Thanks a lot Mark !! The problem is : if I'm not too bad with microcontrollers and electronic...it's not the same in programming !!!
      But, I hardly want to finalize my project of 2 ways with feedback from module, so I'm going to try with SDK plugin...

And of course, if I'm totally blocked, I hope some guys would help me...if it works, who knows ?? some people could be interressed in my solution (plugin + module )

Christian

Comment

I would! :-)
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548| Plug-Ins Enabled: Sonos 3.1.0.57, RFXCOM 30.0.0.45, X10 3.0.0.62, IPThermostat 3.4.5.0, Pushover 3P 0.0.0.54, Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206, Z-Wave 3.0.10.0, BLML2HS 2.0.28.0, mcsMQTT 6.12.4.0, Insteon 3.0.7.19​​ | Win 7 32-bit | Intel Atom D2550 @ 1.86GHz 4GB RAM

Comment

the challenge will be separating the hs x10 device from the CM11 plugin control.

The CM11 plugin will want to update the hs status immediately, but you want to wait for the ACK.

in your plugin design you will want to take ownership of the housecode you use for the module however the CM11 may then not send cmds to that housecode/device anymore.

** Seems like if you could just customize the cm11 plugin for your module, that would be the easiest route. don't know if the source is avail

keep us posted!
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
          Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
          Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
          Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Thanks for your answer !
            Sources of CM11 plugin are not free !!! $99 from Homeseer !!!
            Seems to be la littel expensive...I will try to find someone to help me (or who has this sources...) and I hope I could adapt it !!!

Of course, if it works, I keep you posted !!!

Comment

Working...
            X