ISY/PLM sending X-10 For Homeseer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISY/PLM sending X-10 For Homeseer?

I have finally made the leap and introduced my ISY to HS via the Insteon Plug in. I am about 1/3 the way through an X-10 to Insteon Conversion. I know that my ISY/ PLM is capable of sending X-10 commands for the programs I have created in the ISY, but now that I have married ISY and Homeseer, will HS use the PLM to send X-10 for the remaining X-10 programs I have in homeseer or do I need to use a seperate X-10 interface dedicated to Homeseer? I would prefer to use the ISY/PLM. How do you configure them to be used by HS?

What is the best way to do this?

Thanks

MV

As of ISY Insteon 1.0.0.25, HS cannot send or receive X10 commands. The plugin is still in Beta, so I'm hoping it will eventually work.

Comment

Thanks,

So would you keep the X-10 I was using with Homeseer until the plug in can do it? Any conflict issues?

MV

Comment

I haven't tried it yet, I'm out of outlets - lol. It should work okay, that's what I did when I was running the Insteon PLC - One module for Insteon, and one for X10.

Comment

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're asking but I'll see if I can provide some guidance anyway

The PLM attached to the ISY can only be used by the ISY. HomeSeer will only be able to send commands to it via the HS/ISY plug-in.

If you have two PLM's (or the PLM connected to the ISY and a PLC attached to your HomeSeer computer) you can still have HomeSeer do everything it was doing while migrating things to the ISY. They can both be used without interferring with each other.

The ISY doesn't have real good support for X10. The ISY plug-in does expose some X10 capability to HomeSeer, but this has not been well tested.

As CJVann mentioned, the later releases of the ISY plug-in have had some issues. Currently, the 1.0.0.21 release seems to be the most stable. I will be releasing a new version in couple of days that should correct the problems with device control/status. You might want to ask your questions over in the ISY plug-in section.
          --
          Bob Paauwe
          ISYInsteon Plug-in
          http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Working...
          X