Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I use a touch screen for TV use??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I use a touch screen for TV use??

Hey guys

I have a Fujitsu stylistic 3400 that I use for controlling HS. I was wondering if I can also use it to see TV, since its in the kitchen. Can this be done? And what involvement does HS has by doing this?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

I have computers in almost every room of my house to display my HomeSeer front end. I also use these to watch TV.

I have a TV tuner card in my every day use computer (not in my HomeSeer machine). Also on this computer I have a program called Orb installed. This allows me to watch TV on any computer in my house or anywhere in the world for that matter.

If you already have a TV tuner card, check out http://www.orb.com. It works great and it's free.
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Thank for responding, How do you get the signal to the other displays if you tv tuner is not in HS?

Are you able to see diferent channel in every display?

Do you get local TV?

What brand is your TV tuner?
      Hector
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I get TV and internet thru cable TV provider which is connected to my router. Do I connect a tv tuner BRD. to a output of the router? (Iam only guessing here guys so bare w/me)
        Hector
        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Another option is PCTV To Go HD. It can work on your network both as hardwired and wireless. Connects to another A/V output in your house or directly to your cable tv feed (has a built in tuner). Works Great and is even capable of HD.

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...D+Wireless.htm

Patrick

Comment

You could also look at getting a slingbox

www.slingmedia.com

I use one to watch TV on my kitchen touchscreen.
            Running HS PRO V2.5.0.49 & HS Pro V2.5.0.51

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
              Thank for responding, How do you get the signal to the other displays if you tv tuner is not in HS?

Are you able to see diferent channel in every display?
              Yes, you can watch different channels on different computers.

Do you get local TV?
              Yes, you get whatever you bring in through your cable or antenna. You can watch movies from your hard drive and listen to mp3 stored on the computer too, from any computer on the network.

What brand is your TV tuner?
              Hauppauge WinTV HVR-1600 NTSC/ATSC/QAM Combo
              Hope this helps.
              Bryan
              Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
              Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
              X