Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote bluetooth speaker

Hey all,

I run Homeseer on a server in the garage so rather than run wiring upstair or use a second computer for announcements I picked up a cheap bluetooth remote speaker from Best Buy -- $59.95 and added a bluetooth adapter to my server.

Insignia NS-BT400 $59.95

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1184369165394

It's unobtrusive and sounds really good too.

This is interesting. Can you run multiple speakers off of one blue tooth device?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

Now what's the question?
      Jon

Comment

Can you connect 2 or 3 speakers to the one blue tooth receiver on the PC or is it a one to one relationship.

Comment

No No, the posters question has been deleted - well I cannot see it anyhow??
          Jon

Comment

Ah! I didn't realize that it was moderated. Now it should show.

Comment

Yea thread makes more sense now.. wonder what these are like, I bought a load of wireless ones but cannot use them as they disconnect if not used for a while and theres a delay when they start again..

Maybe these will stay connected all the time.. be interesting to try.

TrOjAn

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                Can you connect 2 or 3 speakers to the one blue tooth receiver on the PC or is it a one to one relationship.
                Unfortunately, no. At least as far as I know. You pair the device with the computer and then redirect to audio to that device, so I don't see how you could. Too bad, it would be cool to modify a bunch of bluetooth headsets and have two-way communications in a bunch of different rooms in the house.

You could pair a bluetooth headset to your computer and walk around giving commands to (and receiving information from) Homeseer though -- too geeky?

Comment

Originally posted by TrOjAn View Post
                  Yea thread makes more sense now.. wonder what these are like, I bought a load of wireless ones but cannot use them as they disconnect if not used for a while and theres a delay when they start again..

Maybe these will stay connected all the time.. be interesting to try.

TrOjAn
                  I also had an idea for using those FM wireless intercoms like the ones they have at Radio Shack. You could rig up a parallel port relay to activate the talk switch and also talk to the Homeseer intercom station from any other station to send it verbal commands.

Comment

Working...
                  X