Problems with Homseer/Z-Troller after installing new Z-Wave devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Homseer/Z-Troller after installing new Z-Wave devices

Ok. This may be the wrong forum to post this in but I'll start here....

I'm just getting started with Z-Wave and HomeSeer etc. I installed 2 (vrs15-1lx) relays last week. They worked great for a couple of days then just stopped responding at all. I reset everything and worked with HomeSeer support and they were kinda stumped by it. It eventually began working a few days later.

I added 2 (ha01c) receptacles earlier this week. I paid closer attention this time and I did end of having the same problem again. I added the receptacles one at a time to the z-troller and configured them in HomeSeer. They worked perfectly from HomeSeer. I then added them both to my Harmony 890 remote. That also worked without a problem. However, a couple of hours later I realized that HomeSeer was no longer able to communicate with any of the 4 devices. I'm still unable to get them communicating again.

Was this a result of adding them to the remote or is there something else going on?<!-- KitSKUInsert=</I> -->

Uh Oh.
    I think I found the answer in an old post:

In order to coexist with the Z-troller the remote needs to be a secondary to the Z-troller which is always primary? Is that correct? Is there anyway around that or did I screw up when I bought this remote?

Comment

I'm saying this without firsthand experience, but my understanding is that z-wave remotes cannot be recognized by HS except as a single 'node' - meaning you will not be able to use a z-wave remote to control devices *through* HS - only one device.

I have a boat-load of z-wave remotes that came with starter kits that I am unable to use through HS. I use X-10 remotes to control the z-wave devices as simple device actions.

I hope I got my terminology right and maybe someone will jump in here with firsthand knowledge as well...
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

The Harmony 890 doesn't play well with any other controllers but itself and that's if the controller is an 890 Pro then if you have another 890 Pro one can be the primary and the other the secondary.

Since your network is small I would reset the Z-Troller - reset the 890 then add your devices back into the Z-Troller and not use the 890 for z-wave

Comment

Working...
        X