Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overlaying Text on Geovision Video from HS

Guys

I have started work on a script to allow HS to overlay text on Geovision recorded images, live, as they are recorded and on the live view too if required.

Originally my plan was that I would just overlay the house alarm status/activity.

I have the first pass complete, but before I go further, (it aint ready for testers yet...) I would like to hear what and how people might use it, if at all!

Thoughts?

David
    ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Originally posted by Bestgear View Post
    Guys

I have started work on a script to allow HS to overlay text on Geovision recorded images, live, as they are recorded and on the live view too if required.

Originally my plan was that I would just overlay the house alarm status/activity.

I have the first pass complete, but before I go further, (it aint ready for testers yet...) I would like to hear what and how people might use it, if at all!

Thoughts?

David
    How exactly do you get the geovision recorded images in homeseer?? If I can get the images in to homeseer, I may be able to get you some ideas, but I never did have success integrating the two.

Comment

Hi

Ok - what this is, is the ability to send text from HS to GV, and GV will record the text over the current camera video.

Thinking being, if, say, your HS monitored doorbell is activated, it could overlay DOORBELL and a date/time on the camera video nearest the door...

I have the solution...just thinking what it could be sensibly used for!

What other GV integration do you need? I have all 16 cameras from GV in HS, with the GV motion detection changing HS device state. Also, I can stop and start GV camera recording from HS. Likewise, things like video lost sets a HS device. You can also pull jpg from GV to use in HS pages if you need to.

If its just camera imagesd (stills) then check GV's webserver setup - you can use the FTP option to push updated images to under your /html directory (for example - other options abound) and build your own pages using them.

And... now that GV 8.3 is available, there are a few more integration options!

David
      Last edited by Bestgear; February 11, 2009, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bestgear View Post

And... now that GV 8.3 is available, there are a few more integration options!

David
        Like what?

And btw, how do you have GV as HS devices? You have 16 i/o board or something?

I have 16 cam GV 8.2 on 2 GV-2008 boards but since I moved a few months ago I havent put up the cams...still trying to decide if I should upgrade some of them to IP.

Has anyone successfully got GV active x to work inside their HS webpage for live streaming video? Thats what everyone seems to want. They have a limited plugin at mainlobby but doesnt cover my GV-2008s. Is that what you meant about 8.3?

As for your project, sounds interesting. Curious as to how you got this to go seeing as the text is recorded as well. Sounds like you have played with their SDK?

As for ideas, how about adding names to peoples faces either with facial rec or RFID

Comment

Hi

I have GV integration through a couple of scripts that I wrote (no hardware). They let me have devices that set inputs and also outputs from Gv... both ways. I did have it as a hardware solution, but that was tooooo many wires....

The later versions (your included) has so many config options with outputs for example, video lost, motion (adv motion now being v-accurate for me), and a heap of other things. Inputs to Gv is handy so HS can control camer recording, or, start stop recording/monitoring..

Live video? - nope - not spent any time on it - just the easy path with stills. The SDk is ok, and has a fair number of Vb samples to get you going.... GV are slightly more "open" than they used to be... just.

I do like your idea re face recognition & rfid... that would be good.

I think its an idea waiting for a solid reason through.. nice to have it!

David

Comment

Hello David,

What your doing sounds very clever. I have GeoVision with a couple of cams and it never occurred to me that one could get access to the i/o via a script. I had planned to install the i/o card and hard wire inputs etc. I currently have live video fed from Geovision into HS Touch and also Jon's touch screen plugin. It works fine. I'm not a programmer by any means but I managed to figure out how the doctor the HTML pages of the Geovision server to get an autologin etc and it works fine. I think I'm on an old ver of Geovision SW (6.1 or something) and would like to upgrade but I dont have any of the orignal disks etc.

I would love to get some more info on your scripts, they sound as if they could be very usefull especially when used with HS Touch or Jon's plugin etc.

Regards,

Ted

Comment

Originally posted by prsmith777 View Post
              ...........Has anyone successfully got GV active x to work inside their HS webpage for live streaming video? .........
              In a nutshell yes, and I found it extremely easy.

I used to run HS's webcam, very successfully I may add, and streamed video from it using Media Player HTML. I simply took out the Media Player HTML and replaced it with the web address of GeoVisions web server and with a bit of telephone/on-line help from David, hey presto.

I must add that I am using a Jon00 touch screen page and his IP address updater to keep the WAN address correct for the GeoVision server. GeoVision still requires a login, which I like, as guests only have to press OK, they do not even have to enter "guest" or I can log in with my details, and GeoVision will only make the cameras available as per your settings.

The other thing I like is that as the camera is being hosted on a page served by HS the pan and tilt controls work even though the camera on the P&T is running through the GeoVision server.
              sigpic
              A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Gogs,

Would you mind a quick tutorial on how your able to get this all working? I am less concerend about the video overlay messages & more interested in just getting either JPG or video working within the homeseer status page.

Thanks,
                Rich

Comment

Originally posted by richtj99 View Post
                  Gogs,

Would you mind a quick tutorial on how your able to get this all working? I am less concerend about the video overlay messages & more interested in just getting either JOG or video working within the homeseer status page.

Thanks,
                  Rich
                  JPG I have not got working yet. The video is easy over a LAN which is what I think you are talking about.

The people you should talk to are Malcolm and David. However, I'll get back to you quickly and let you know how I did it, with Davids help.

It's quite simple really.

Sorry, too late at night, and too much wine to post a proper answer to this question. I'll get back to you.
                  sigpic
                  A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by richtj99 View Post
                    Gogs,

Would you mind a quick tutorial on how your able to get this all working? I am less concerend about the video overlay messages & more interested in just getting either JPG or video working within the homeseer status page.

Thanks,
                    Rich
                    Sorry for the delay in addressing this, got cought up in other things.

In GeoVision you must have TCP and Web running.

Now I am using Jon00's control to display the page and simply put the following lines into a button in the ini:
                    Code:
                    ---Column 1 Table 1 Button 1---
                    Button1-1Type=Embed http://192.XXX.X.X:XX/LanMpegView0.htm,430,440

Button1-1Text=Live Camara
                    Button1-1Desc=
                    Button1-1DescBGcolor=
                    Button1-1Action=
                    Button1-1Line1=
                    Button1-1Line2=
                    The http address is the address on my Geovision computer on the LAN and the port number for GeoVision it'self, the 430,440 is the image size.

In a web page just embed the command and it should work.

Hope this helps.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks! Do you see the cameras when you are on your status page? Thanks for the info, I am going to give this a try.

Any luck on the jpgs?

Comment

If I view the camera page in HS I see the cams, I have it set to only show one cam although I can change from cam to cam. There is a facility to show multi cams.

Not got jpg's working - yet.
                        sigpic

Comment

Help for the basics?

Video on iTouch would be awesome.

iTouch controls lights now...

What are the next steps to get my 6 camera geovision 8.20 system on the touch?

Thanks!
                          - B

Comment

Search the app store for Geovision, the just came out with an app for the Ipod Touch, its awesome, really a great working app.

I am running 8.3.2, I think you need 8.3.

Comment

A beautiful thing

Works like a charm. I had to upgrade to 8.3.1 but once I did that... wow

Thank you. I had searched in the past for an app but this must be fairly new.

Comment

Working...
                              X