Great price on the Wayne Dalton Thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great price on the Wayne Dalton Thermostat

If you're waffling on whether or not to purchase a WDTC-20 thermostat from HST - buy it - it's a good thermostat at a great price.

Notice I said 'good'. It does have some things to be aware of that may/may not affect your decision:

---jumper for emergency heat on heat pumps
    I just use an external breaker since it rarely gets cold where I live.

---must have 24v AC power
    This is not optional - either you have it already or you must purchase a separate power supply. I have two of the thermostats and had to run external power to one of them. It was easy and works great.

That's about all I can think of - it's a good thermostat - if you're thinking about a z-wave thermostat, I would recommend it at the great price offered by HST.

Hope this helps...

Rob
    Last edited by rmasonjr; March 2, 2009, 02:22 PM.
    HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
    54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
    Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Rob,

I also would recommend the WDTC-20 zwave thermostat. I have tested 1 for a few months now and it works great. I just wanted to add a few comments.

1. An external AC power supply is not mandatory. I use the 24vdc from the heater. If you have issues, the support line was fantastic and they walked through everything with me. I had an issue and they were great at solving it.

2. I also had issues with the setpoints via zwave. I got around them but sending an off, change setpoint, then on. This works fine.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by jromanowski View Post
      1. An external AC power supply is not mandatory. I use the 24vdc from the heater. If you have issues, the support line was fantastic and they walked through everything with me. I had an issue and they were great at solving it.

correct - the power supply is not mandatory - you must have 24v AC. If you are able to tap into a line that has it, the external power supply is not needed.

Good point!

Rob
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Working...
      X