Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rmasonjr
    replied
    Looking at that event - it looks like it will only fire if your lights turned on at exactly 15 mins before sunset or 15 mins after sunrise. Thats a pretty small window for firing...

Leave a comment:

• drozwood90
    replied
    Rupp,

Is that the ACTUAL color of your webpage?

The text looks like it's moving! It hurts my eyes! AHHHHH!!!

:-)

--Dan

Leave a comment:

• webrod
    replied
    Originally posted by Rupp View Post
    There are a ton of options once you select the group2 option which is the or option.

but this is another behavior right?
    This will triger only 2 times, 15 mn before the sunset or 15mn after the sunrise.
    Right?
    Or my tests are wrong.
    This was also stated by someone else in this thread

Rod
    Last edited by webrod; November 29, 2011, 02:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    There are a ton of options once you select the group2 option which is the or option.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by skybolt View Post
    Follow Rupps post, it does work as I am using it for exactly what your looking for.
    Can you post a screen shot of your trigger? I cannot see how you'd do this unless there is an option to use the conditions, After X minutes after sunset OR Before Y minutes before sunrise. Has that option been added to newer HS versions?

Leave a comment:

• pbibm
    replied
    Or even logic something like this. You can control the device directly, or use this to set a virtual device to equal night time. Where I say "after", you could put an earlier time

Attached Files
    Last edited by pbibm; November 29, 2011, 11:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• skybolt
    replied
    Originally posted by webrod View Post
    ....I know this is a old thread, but it looks like this feature has not been implemented... ...
    Follow Rupps post, it does work as I am using it for exactly what your looking for.

The light sensor of a motion sensor also covers darker over cast days.

Leave a comment:

• webrod
    replied
    HI,

I know this is a old thread, but it looks like this feature has not been implemented...

I would like also to be able to control the light of my living room with the help of the sensor.

Using "during nighttime" is not acceptable, because I really need the light before the sunset, like one hour at least before the sunset.

I would see 2 options:
    1) favourite one would be the possibility to provide a number of minutes before the sunset, and the number of minutes after the sunrise, that would be my own definition of "nighttime". This really depends of the configuration of the house, if there are buildings aound etc.
    I would see that in "Setup->location" of HS. 2 new fields. therefore it would automatically apply to all events!
    2) or add a time condition which is "After X minutes before sunset" and another one "Before X minutes after sunrise"

2 is much more complicated.

thanks
    Rod

Leave a comment:

• jackpod
    replied
    I like everyone else (it seems) have a variable set to turn on at sunset and off at sunrise, I then use it as a condition in my events and scripts.

It is the only way I have ever gotten it to work

Leave a comment:

• Madcodger
    replied
    Rupp,

I think RAM is correct, but if you're right, I've never been able to figure it out. The nighttime virtual device workaround noted will work, but this is a bit of an oversight by HS, I think, unless you would be kind enough to show us what you're thinking here.

Thanks,

Joe

Leave a comment:

• RAM
    replied
    He asked "I'd like to limit a lighting event to work only during the time between 30 minutes after sunset to 30 minutes before sunrise " This is exactly what this allows you to do.
    I don't think so. If it does allow it could you show us event setup screens for an event that works as Madcodger desires?

I just tried to set up an event (Trigger type=Condition) and use 'minutes after sunset' and 'minutes before sunrise' and the event trigger ends up reading:
    Time is 30 minutes after sunset AND
    Time is 30 minutes before sunrise
    which will never fire because the time will never be 30 minutes after sunset AND 30 minutes before sunrise at the same time. (except maybe in Alaska at the right time of the year)
    If you set it up as an 'OR' trigger it will only fire twice during the day, at 30 minutes after sunset AND 30 minutes before sunrise.

A feature like this would be nice. I use the correct logic for this desired effect in my Ocelot programming because it allows + or - 'offsets' from sunset and sunrise. I set up the logic to say "after 'sunset + 30 minute offset' ". That means any time after 30 minutes after sunset.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by RAM View Post
    That only lets you select those exact times, not before xxx or after xxx time. Madcodger wants it "to work only during the time between 30 minutes after sunset to 30 minutes before sunrise"
    He asked "I'd like to limit a lighting event to work only during the time between 30 minutes after sunset to 30 minutes before sunrise " This is exactly what this allows you to do.

Leave a comment:

• RAM
    replied
    Guys,
    This is available now. Choose a condition trigger and select the Time of Day or Sunrise/Sunset (default entry). Then select the Minutes After Sunset and set your minutes. Do the same for Minutes Before Sunrise.
    That only lets you select those exact times, not before xxx or after xxx time. Madcodger wants it "to work only during the time between 30 minutes after sunset to 30 minutes before sunrise"

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Guys,
    This is available now. Choose a condition trigger and select the Time of Day or Sunrise/Sunset (default entry). Then select the Minutes After Sunset and set your minutes. Do the same for Minutes Before Sunrise.

Leave a comment:

• nsisman
    replied
    You could also use an x10 motion sensor mounted outside and use the light/dark portion of the sensor as your condition.

If it gets dark a little earlier or a little later the sensor will pick it up.

good luck.......

Leave a comment:

Working...
X