AVI (DivX) files, MP4, mkv, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AVI (DivX) files, MP4, mkv, etc.

I was wondering what are you guys using as front GUI to play other files then DVD (vob) files? I was hoping that JRiver plugin will solve my issues, it work only for music.
    Ideas???

Thanks
    Marty

I use the Windows Media Center on another PC. JUst installed Windows 7 and this plays all media apart from mkv. This can be fixed by installing Haali Media Splitter. The extenders also now play anything that the main media center plays. Very much recommend it

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by nojstevens View Post
      I use the Windows Media Center on another PC. JUst installed Windows 7 and this plays all media apart from mkv. This can be fixed by installing Haali Media Splitter. The extenders also now play anything that the main media center plays. Very much recommend it

Jon
      Hello Jon,
      Thanks for the reply. How do you interact with HS? Media Center Plugin?
      Thx
      Marty

Comment

So far, except for a couple of very minor controls, mute or pause music/video when HomeSeer is speaking, HomeSeer and my PVR are on different servers, side by side but seperate. I've yet to find a way to seamlessly combine control of the two onto one touchscreen. HomeSeer does rather well on a Touchscreen the PVR is setup more for IR control through a remote on TV's. I suppose I could teach HomeSeer the IR codes for it all but I haven't yet, I keep hoping for something a little more integrated.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I've been using a demo of Zoomplayer, as it allows telnet control, so my server can control my HTPC through X10 rf commands, as well as through the web interface using a custom spin of DVD Profiler.

--Dan
          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
            I've been using a demo of Zoomplayer, as it allows telnet control, so my server can control my HTPC through X10 rf commands, as well as through the web interface using a custom spin of DVD Profiler.

--Dan
            Hmmm, I just checked Zoom Player and it looks very interesting. I was using J.R. MS so far.
            What did you mean by "control thru X10rf commands"?
            Marty

Comment

Well, I use a single X10 RF pad to turn on my HTPC. Then after a while when everything is loaded, I have some buttons that can turn on / off the TV, set the right functions etc.

I have it turn up / down the volume FOR Zoomplayer. I have a button that will turn ON off the Voice channel doubler (used when playing DVDs without the surround on, so you can hear the voices as well as the rest of the audio).

I COULD have it play movies. Right now, I have it play / pause movies. When you pause, the lights dim UP. When the play is resumed, the lights dim back down.

The other thing it does, is I use DVD Profiler to display all my movies. When you choose one to play, HS actually telnets into Zoomplayer, tells it what I want to play, then commands it to play and go full screen.

I use a touchscreen at the couch to perform all this. What this ALSO allows (still implementing) is to be able to play / pause the movie from the player (touchscreen) and have HS react to that (dim the lights on or off).

It's a work in progress. :-) BUT I will say that Zoom Player is the only player that I have been able to get remote access over like this, where it actually worked well. I tried 3 other players. Each had issues. One was VLC, Winamp, and another open source player. Some had limited commands, or I had to use external programs to "close" and load a new movie. Zoomplayer was easy. Command it to stop, clear the playlist, add entries into the new playlist, off we go. As for any multipart AVI files, Zoomplayer allows you to configure name "patterns" so it would automatically load up all the movies that were associated with this (i.e. CD1 CD2). For the most part, I don't like the delay when it flips file to file, so I just patch the movies together, but that doesn't work on some of my really old rips (back when DVDs first came out, I was using DIVX 3.11, etc. with some of the experimental codecs...so today, I can't patch them together, and I don't want to waste the space re-copying my DVD OR waste the time trying to re-code it...so I live with this degraded quality on some of my movies).

--Dan
              Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

.............BUT I will say that Zoom Player is the only player that I have been able to get remote access over like this, where it actually worked well. I tried 3 other players. Each had issues. One was VLC, Winamp, and another open source player. Some had limited commands, or I had to use external programs to "close" and load a new movie. Zoomplayer was easy. Command it to stop, clear the playlist, add entries into the new playlist, off we go. ............................

--Dan

Dan,
                Thanks for the detailed explanation. I found the API description and command line parameters, but I'll probably need some examples to get started. I have never tried to telnet before and my BBS days are waaayyy gone LOL.
                Lets say what do I have to send from HS (or any other) PC (and how) to "Load" movie, "Play" movie and "Stop" movie.
                Could you help PLEASE?

Comment

Sure can. As soon as I get a chance, I'll post up some quick things I did to get you running. There is still a funny error message that I get...once in a blue moon...but I think that it is related to one of the commands I am sending, as well as one of the settings that I have setup.

--Dan

Comment

i just installed windows 7 on my machine in my entertainment center. I used to use vista media center for all the movies, music and picture slideshows during holidays...

but now going to use windows 7 along with mymovies as it adds a nice media center plugin....

i still havent found a way to get all this done through HS.... guess there is a way but not a easy way and cost effective for me in this current economy state....
                    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Sure can. As soon as I get a chance, I'll post up some quick things I did to get you running. There is still a funny error message that I get...once in a blue moon...but I think that it is related to one of the commands I am sending, as well as one of the settings that I have setup.

--Dan
                      Excellent. No rush. I'm on vacation next week anyway.
                      Thanks!!

Comment

Well, Gatlinburg was nice, but the vacation is over now .
                        Dan, do you think you can find some time for some of those examples??
                        Thanks a lot!
                        Marty

Comment

did you take the cable car up to the hokey tourist trap at the top?
                          Marty
                          ------
                          XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                          Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Czech,

Sorry, forgot about this thread...my bad:

Search for .xx and <username> <password>, replace with your info...

I use this one to play the movies (also can be used to stop them / pause them when the lights need to come up)
                            PHP Code:

Imports System
                            .Net
                            Imports System
                            .Net.Sockets
                            Imports System
                            .Text

Sub Main
                            (parms As Object)
                            Telnet
                            end sub

Sub Telnet
                            ()

Dim Reply As String

Const RemoteIP As String "192.168.0.xx"

Const PortNumber As Integer 4769

' Connect to the remote
                                Dim Client As New TcpClient()
                                Client.Connect(IPAddress.Parse(RemoteIP), PortNumber)
                                Dim NetStream As NetworkStream = Client.GetStream()
                                SendString(NetStream, "5100 fnPlay" & VBCRLF)
                                ' 
                            Receive reply

'hs.WaitSecs(1)
                                Dim count = 5
                                while(count >0)
                                count = count - 1
                                Reply = ReadString(Client)
                                end while
                                ' 
                            Send something

'SendString(NetStream, "5100 fnPlay" & VBCRLF)
                                '
                            hs.WriteLog("debug"Reply)

' Disconnect
                                Client.Close()
                            End Sub

Private Function ReadString(ByVal Client As System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient) As String
                                Dim Stream As NetworkStream = Client.GetStream
                                Dim Buffersize As Integer = Client.ReceiveBufferSize
                                Dim Data(Buffersize -1) As Byte
                                If Stream.CanTimeout Then
                                    Stream.ReadTimeout = 1000 * 15
                                End If
                                Dim BytesRead As Integer = Stream.Read(Data, 0, Buffersize)
                                Return Encoding.ASCII.GetString(Data, 0, BytesRead)
                            End Function

Private Function SendString(ByVal Stream As NetworkStream, ByVal Data As String) As Boolean
                                Dim Bytes As [Byte]() = Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(Data)
                                    Stream.WriteTimeout = 1000 * 5
                                End If
                                Stream.Write(Bytes, 0, Bytes.Length)
                                Return True
                            End Function 
                            This one loads up the movies, sometimes has issues....I haven't figured out why...you get a funny message (as I stated before)

If you figure out why, let me know!!

PHP Code:

Imports System
                            .Net
                            Imports System
                            .Net.Sockets
                            Imports System
                            .Text

Sub Main
                            (parms As Object)
                            ' No connection could be made because the target machine is off
                            '
                            while(instr(1,stringForComp,"No connection",1) = 0)
                            Try

'hs.writelog("Movie Name", "The Movie Name is: " & parms)
                                Telnet(parms)
                            Catch e As Exception
                                '
                            hs.writelog("debug"e.ToString())

stringForComp e.ToString()

hs.Launch("psexec","\\htpc -i -u <username> -p <password> cmd /c start C:\PROGRA~1\ZOOMPL~1\zplayer.exe")

hs.waitsecs(10)

Telnet(parms)
                            End Try
                            'end while
                            end sub

Sub Telnet(movieName As Object)
                                Const RemoteIP As String = "192.168.0.xx"
                                Const PortNumber As Integer = 4769
                                ' 
                            Connect to the remote
                                Dim Client 
                            As New TcpClient()

Client.Connect(IPAddress.Parse(RemoteIP), PortNumber)

Dim NetStream As NetworkStream Client.GetStream()

' Send something
                                '
                            SendString(NetStreamvbcrlf)

' Receive reply
                                '
                            hs.WaitSecs(1)

Dim Reply As String ReadString(Client)

'hs.WriteLog("debug", Reply)
                                '
                            hs.WriteLog("debug"movieName)

'hs.WaitSecs(1)
                                if (movieName = "fnEQToggle") then
                                SendString(NetStream, "5100 fnEQToggle" & vbcrlf)
                                elseif (movieName = "fnStop") then
                                    SendString(NetStream, "5100 fnStop" & vbcrlf)
                                else
                                SendString(NetStream, "1920" & vbcrlf)
                                hs.WaitSecs(1)
                                SendString(NetStream, "1850 " & movieName & vbcrlf)
                                '
                            hs.writelog ("debug""1930 " movieName vbcrlf)

hs.waitsecs(2)

SendString(NetStream"5100 fnFullscreen" vbcrlf)

end if

hs.WaitSecs(2)

' Disconnect
                                Client.Close()
                            End Sub

Private Function ReadString(ByVal Client As System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient) As String
                                Dim Stream As NetworkStream = Client.GetStream
                                Dim Buffersize As Integer = Client.ReceiveBufferSize
                                Dim Data(Buffersize -1) As Byte
                                    Stream.ReadTimeout = 1000 * 15
                                End If
                                Dim BytesRead As Integer = Stream.Read(Data, 0, Buffersize)
                                Return Encoding.ASCII.GetString(Data, 0, BytesRead)
                            End Function

Private Function SendString(ByVal Stream As NetworkStream, ByVal Data As String) As Boolean
                                Dim Bytes As [Byte]() = Encoding.ASCII.GetBytes(Data)
                                    Stream.WriteTimeout = 1000 * 5
                                End If
                                Stream.Write(Bytes, 0, Bytes.Length)
                                Return True
                            End Function 
                            Last edited by drozwood90; May 11, 2009, 06:27 PM. Reason: added second script

Comment

Originally posted by nightwalker View Post
                              did you take the cable car up to the hokey tourist trap at the top?
                              LOL, that was one of the things we didn't have enought time to do. It was also raining for few of days. But look at the photo below....around 20 - 25 feet.....
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X