Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can we buy replacement micro switches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can we buy replacement micro switches?

So I have about 25 switch lincs in my home of varying age. As everyone knows, the micro switches SH used over the last few years were total unreilable crap. The funny thing is, my oldest switches are my most reliable. I have 2 very old switches purchased in early 2001 that get used multiple times every day. They are flawless. The ~20 I bought in early 2004 are starting to fail. There is NO way I will pay SH for new switches that will fail again.

My question is, who knows where we can get replacement parts? I'm looking for a reliable manufacturer name and part number. I'm hoping Digi-key or one of the other distrbutors carries it. I have access to any kind of soldering equipment so no limitations there.

Thanks.
    Jeff.

Over on Cocoontech that had just been discussing this, and I beleive it was mentioned that the SH warranty was extended for the devices with the micro switch problem.

http://www.cocoontech.com/forums/ind...howtopic=12515

StevenE
    Why oh why didn't I just leave things alone, they had been working.

Comment

Thanks Steven.

According to that thread, SmartHome has extended the warranty on their switchlincs to 7 years from date of purchase. That means all my failed switches should be covered.

Guess I'll be making a call to SH tomorrow...

Comment

No 7 year warranty!

I called SM today. It seems the 7 year warranty is only valid on SOME switches!

Mine were purchased in 2004, predating the ICON and Insteon support. They are NOT covered under the extended warranty. If the microswitches fail (as mine have) you are screwed. Obviously I'm really pissed off right now. I installed these 2384W switches throughout my house and they are starting to fail.

I'm going to complain on every message board I can find. They have lost a customer for life.

So my original question remains, does anyone know where to find replacement microswitches.

Comment

www.digikey.com
          www.mouser.com
          Over The Hill
          What Hill?
          Where?
          When?
          I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

If you want to know how to replace the microswitches in your Smarthome SwitchLincs, I posted a procedure at Cocoontech. This is for the 2384 and 2385 series (X10) of SwitchLincs. For the newer SwitchLincs with the surface mount microswitches, look at the Omron B3S or B3SL series as replacements.

http://www.cocoontech.com/forums/ind...howtopic=13063

Comment

Working...
            X