No announcement yet.

Localhost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's up to you. Unless you need a domain and have a domain controller in your network then a worgroup is easier to manage unless you are used to managing domains.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

That doesnt make any difference.
      Now when you ping you get

Pinging MEDIA

Comment

It looks like your tcpip stack is corrupted, it has nothing to do with being on a domain. Go out to microsoft and search for tcpip stack repair, there is a utility that might fix your problem.
        Over The Hill
        What Hill?
        Where?
        When?
        I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Are you running vista?
          in the hosts file
          c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file there is an entry ::1. I believe it is used for IPv6 and it maps ::1 to the hostname localhost. So if you ping localhost it will reply as ::1. This is normal. It has nothing to do with a domain, nor does it mean something is missing in the IP address. Why you need the :8080 would appear to be something in the HS setup

see example hosts file below

# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
          #
          # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
          #
          # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
          # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
          # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
          # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
          # space.
          #
          # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
          # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
          #
          # For example:
          #
          # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
          # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host
          127.0.0.1 localhost
          ::1 localhost
          Over The Hill
          What Hill?
          Where?
          When?

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

Hi Rupp
            Yes its on vista and my Host file does look like that.
            The only thing that happened overnight when it stopped working was a windows update.

Slightly screwd now as I am doing this all remotely using Logmein and I have just done the IPStack fix and I cant get back in now, must have fallen off the network.
            So unless I can manage to talk my good lady through fixing it, I cant do anymore untill next week when im back home

Comment

I suspect you may have run into the same problem I did..Windows Defender had a bad signature file that was creating a false positive reading on the etc/host file back on March 9. I replied clean at the time thinking nothing of it and when I went to reboot to pickup windows fixes I also ran into the problem with not being able to access Homeseer via localhost. The signature file has since been corrected. If you check the Defenders history file you should be able to verify that was the case. The link below documents the issue and if you click on the recovery tab it will also show you how to recover file..

http://www.microsoft.com/security/po...08427027806866

Comment

if an update caused this, check your firewall, seems updates nowadays turn the firewall back on
                Over The Hill
                What Hill?
                Where?
                When?

Comment

Originally posted by pdishere View Post
                  I suspect you may have run into the same problem I did..Windows Defender had a bad signature file that was creating a false positive reading on the etc/host file back on March 9. I replied clean at the time thinking nothing of it and when I went to reboot to pickup windows fixes I also ran into the problem with not being able to access Homeseer via localhost. The signature file has since been corrected. If you check the Defenders history file you should be able to verify that was the case. The link below documents the issue and if you click on the recovery tab it will also show you how to recover file..

http://www.microsoft.com/security/po...08427027806866
                  Brilliant that did it

Thankyou for all the replies, I have gone a bit greyer but all sorted now

Thanks
                  Mark

Comment

Working...
                  X